Mice!

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, JKD said:

I'd say it's started very frantic by both teams ! Not a classic game, but I'm looking forward to the whole tournament 😃

Lots of errors, greasy ball in the heat? NZ don't usually make that many errors. 

8 minutes ago, millrace said:

Not impressed by either team,, possibly the heat....possibly the occasion....

Opening game, probably the heat and the occasion. 

I'd say France did well,  they beat NZ, but when NZ scored the second try I thought here we go.

35 minutes ago, millrace said:

Im sure their is a reason,,but why is it being played in basically summer temps,, surely a month later would have been more appropriate?

Have you never watched rugby in Australia or South Africa? It just hotter than usual,  they are professional players with water being brought on at every opportunity and a water break in both halves.

Rugby league have been playing summer rugby for years now, it's killing the grass roots game though and not because of the temperature. 

3 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

Couldn't even get to 3 minutes without going down to 14. Thems the rules, but I think the Argentine was pretty lucky not to join Curry with a red card. Not a great start to our tournament

Looking at the position Curry was in I can't believe they red carded him, the Argie looked more reckless.

But England are doing well,  but a player down for a full game, it's going to be a long hot night.

43 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

Yeah. It's pretty brainless stuff from Argentina. A win here sets their tournament up nicely. But they're just not thinking!

Can't wait to see the stats at the end of the match 😃

Also, I think we're playing a good solid 14 man game 👍 Also, our defence is very good 🙂

3 minutes ago, Sussexboy said:

Well what a wasted opportunity for the Pumas. They certainly did not bring their A game. That last try exposed some weaknesses in the England defence that will need some looking at. Good on England though for grinding out that result a man down.

Not really,  the players must have been shattered by that point and the game was won.

I'd say that was the best English performance for 18 months,  the defence caused the errors and penalties then Ford kicked them to death, a brilliant team performance and the level didn't drop when the subs came on.

4 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Not really,  the players must have been shattered by that point and the game was won.

the defence caused the errors and penalties then Ford kicked them to death, a brilliant team performance and the level didn't drop when the subs came on.

This in a nutshell 😃 After the red card I was ready for a sound beating,,,, happily I was wrong 🥳

Well I was trying to watch the proms at the same time! I agree they must have been shattered, it looked sweltering. There were some good bits of creativity, but they did not seem to flow together to keep my attention from the music. Perhaps being a man down was the key to that. Ford played very well.

Edited by Sussexboy

2 minutes ago, Sussexboy said:

Well I was trying to watch the proms at the same time! I agree they must have been shattered, it looked sweltering. There were some good bits of creativity, but they did not seem to flow together to keep my attention from the music. Perhaps being a man down was the key to that. Ford played very well.

You forget that it's extremely hard to score a try a man down. The game plan changed to defend and take kicking points when possible,,,, and it obviously worked 😀 Hats off to all of the England team 👏

Just now, Sussexboy said:

Hats off indeed, and let’s hope we can build on it.

Totally,,,, and keep 15 men on the pitch 😉 IMO, it was only a yellow card. As usual, the incident is scrutinized in slow motion, where it always looks worse 🙄

1 hour ago, JKD said:

You forget that it's extremely hard to score a try a man down. The game plan changed to defend and take kicking points when possible,,,, and it obviously worked 😀 Hats off to all of the England team 👏

My Mrs was asking why there were no tries scored,, bless her.

1 hour ago, JKD said:

This in a nutshell 😃 After the red card I was ready for a sound beating,,,, happily I was wrong 🥳

I thought the same, I was fuming that the game could hinge on one decision,  but the ref pinged Argentina for everything,  they didn't get away with a thing, and they just seemed to fall apart. 

I thought they'd get stuck in in the second half, but it was just more of the same. 

I'm sure a lot of teams will be looking at us and the performance and wondering where it came from. 

Two good games tomorrow with Scotland and Wales,  should be good.

5 minutes ago, Mice! said:

My Mrs was asking why there were no tries scored,, bless her.

I thought the same, I was fuming that the game could hinge on one decision,  but the ref pinged Argentina for everything,  they didn't get away with a thing, and they just seemed to fall apart. 

I thought they'd get stuck in in the second half, but it was just more of the same. 

I'm sure a lot of teams will be looking at us and the performance and wondering where it came from. 

Two good games tomorrow with Scotland and Wales,  should be good.

Yes indeed. Tomorrow I'll be glued to the TV, and I'm sure the whole tournament is going to be a classic 😀 Well, I hope so 😁