Cheapo Roasto

ditchman

one for SD Billy and one for the rest of us

• chicken thighs off "the eat now or die shelf"
  • Paxo stuffo...but added crushed onion..fresh sage...lemon zest ..cranberry sauce..pepper
  • roast parsnips in honey (aunt bessie)
  • roast tats in dripping (aunt bessies)...i add more oil as i like my roasts crunchy on the out side
  • Bisto powder (old style)...always use this not the awful premade stuff...add the bisto mixed with water..tothe meat juices...and a crushed 1/2 an onion...heat it up until it thickens ..add more cooking water (maybe).........if im eating pheasant or partridge i add a good tot of sherry...

cooking time 45 mins...Total time 1 hour

P1000872roto.jpg

P1000871roto.jpg

14 minutes ago, old'un said:

looks very nice, for a bit of extra richness add one of these to your gravy.

chick.jpg.b28aed4afe82c4e52d05901460ceae56.jpg

i do from time to time use stuff like that ...but only 1/2 the ammont as they are very salty....wont use them for roasts...but will use them for casserole and the like:good:

You're right,,,, needs something green alongside,,,, peas or broccoli would suit 😁

Someone from 'oop north will be along shortly to criticise your use of roast tatties and parsnips from out of a bag with Aunt Bessie's 🙈😆🤣

ps. I have no problem with that 🤭😆

18 minutes ago, ditchman said:

is it lamb or beef .............proper fork food infront of the tele nosh wiv a glass of red plonk......................nice one

Beef. 

It will be washed down with a pint later when I take the dogs out. I'm not a wine drinker, had been but had too much if it. 

6 minutes ago, JKD said:

Like an armadillo ? 😁 Or was that a chocolate bar ???🤔

Not sure food can be orgasmic 😳😂🤣

oh yes it can...my mrs popped her clogs 2years ago...and the food i cook is EXCACTLY what.."I" want...not what anyone else wants  ...what i want.....got a new Braun hand held mixer...so now i can make my style sweetcorn patties ...to have with my chilli-con-carni..........they are to die for,.....

ORGASMIC without the emissions:w00t:

15 minutes ago, ditchman said:

oh yes it can...my mrs popped her clogs 2years ago...and the food i cook is EXCACTLY what.."I" want...not what anyone else wants  ...what i want.....got a new Braun hand held mixer...so now i can make my style sweetcorn patties ...to have with my chilli-con-carni..........they are to die for,.....

ORGASMIC without the emissions

And good for you 👍 I too, have to cook all my own food, mostly fresh food, but sometimes out of a bag from the freezer 🤭😆

13 hours ago, ditchman said:

• Paxo stuffo...but added crushed onion..fresh sage...lemon zest ..cranberry sauce..pepper
  • roast tats in dripping (aunt bessies)...i add more oil as i like my roasts crunchy on the out side
  • Bisto powder (old style)...always use this not the awful premade stuff...add the bisto mixed with water..tothe meat juices...and a crushed 1/2 an onion...heat it up until it thickens ..add more cooking water (maybe).........if im eating pheasant or partridge i add a good tot of sherry...

P1000872roto.jpg

P1000871roto.jpg

I could eat that but I'd be farting like a trooper with all the stuffing 😋 

21 hours ago, ditchman said:

P1000872roto.jpg

P1000871roto.jpg

Looks nice.  I like a Paxo as a bit of a starter for a savoury mix to go with poultry, but also alike you add more onion, sage and sometimes some chopped up mushroom.