Comfort food

ditchman

1 hour ago, old'un said:

Any idea of what that cost you?

it was cheap ...big 5 kilo bag of spuds.........the chicken was off the cheap shelf (8 in a pkt)...i have 2 thighs /meal...and peas ??? god knows what ...pennies

24 minutes ago, billytheghillie said:

In Nurfuk money, 1 guinea and 1/2 sheckle.

Quarter of a groat...and 2 mangels...and a go at an old tart with no teeth

Good honest food that Simon , I could happily devour that myself , Saturday night I had two nice grilled Lamb cutlets , there was four in the packet and my wife isn't that keen on Lamb so I am having the other two tonight done in the oven with a tin of Home Pride White wine sause poured over them , they will be in a glass dish of course in case if billy ask 😋

35 minutes ago, ditchman said:

it was cheap ...big 5 kilo bag of spuds.........the chicken was off the cheap shelf (8 in a pkt)...i have 2 thighs /meal...and peas ??? god knows what ...pennies

Quarter of a groat...and 2 mangels...and a go at an old tart with no teeth

I only ask as you hear so much on the news about people in poverty and not being able to afford a decent meal because of cost, well looking at your meal, that would give most people all the nutrition they would need for a small outlay. :good:

50 minutes ago, old'un said:

I only ask as you hear so much on the news about people in poverty and not being able to afford a decent meal because of cost, well looking at your meal, that would give most people all the nutrition they would need for a small outlay. :good:

What the people that shout about the price of food means is that a complete high fat, high sugar boxed meal full of MSG in a microwavable package, has gone up. When people buy frozen mashed Potato you know we are doomed.

Proper job 👍 The chicken thighs are great value and I would buy them often. As you say usually 8 in a packet. I would roast them on a baking tray brushed with olive oil & seasoned for about 45 mins until the skin is nice and crispy and when done the meat is so tender and tasty, way more flavoursome than a chicken breast. I opt for the bone in of course. Served with mash, peas and carrots & with plenty of gravy. 

3 hours ago, SuperGoose75 said:

Proper job 👍 The chicken thighs are great value and I would buy them often. As you say usually 8 in a packet. I would roast them on a baking tray brushed with olive oil & seasoned for about 45 mins until the skin is nice and crispy and when done the meat is so tender and tasty, way more flavoursome than a chicken breast. I opt for the bone in of course. Served with mash, peas and carrots & with plenty of gravy. 

when i roast the chick' thighs i put them in the roast dish ...meat up skin down ...sprinkle with soya sauce chopped onion (fine) and a smigen of oil pepper...in the oven for 15 mins....turn them skin up ...then in the oven for 15 or so mins....then i take em out ...put me bisto and water in the dish with vedge water and half a chick stock cube  spoonful of redcurrant or cranberry jelly ...swill about over the heat ...until its perfect....

On 02/10/2023 at 17:06, marsh man said:

Good honest food that Simon , I could happily devour that myself , Saturday night I had two nice grilled Lamb cutlets , there was four in the packet and my wife isn't that keen on Lamb so I am having the other two tonight done in the oven with a tin of Home Pride White wine sause poured over them , they will be in a glass dish of course in case if billy ask 😋

that sounds nice ...i will have to keep my eyes out for the homepride range:good: