Should there be a law...

ditchman

9 hours ago, ditchman said:

and would they listen ?............they would turn their back and laugh

That's why their manifestos, should be legally binding contracts. If they want to deviate from their manifesto, then there should be a referendum on the bit they wish to deviate from.

But we all know we are never getting another referendum, well not until they have fully installed and carried out the indoctrination program.

1 hour ago, Newbie to this said:

That's why their manifestos, should be legally binding contracts. If they want to deviate from their manifesto, then there should be a referendum on the bit they wish to deviate from.

But we all know we are never getting another referendum, well not until they have fully installed and carried out the indoctrination program.

100% agree with this but cant see any politician putting it forward !!!!! Wonder why ? First time in my life I genuinely dont want to vote. Neither of the main parties are electable to me

2 hours ago, spanj said:

100% agree with this but cant see any politician putting it forward !!!!! Wonder why ? First time in my life I genuinely dont want to vote. Neither of the main parties are electable to me

sadly me to.................non voters are an advantage to the other side...............but i cant lay in bed at night thinking i have given my vote to a bunch of lieing wasters

2 minutes ago, ditchman said:

sadly me to.................non voters are an advantage to the other side...............but i cant lay in bed at night thinking i have given my vote to a bunch of lieing wasters

True but it comes down to choosing who would do the least damage as not voting could easily let in the worst damage.

Just now, Yellow Bear said:

True but it comes down to choosing who would do the least damage as not voting could easily let in the worst damage.

that is the quandry................and i do think along those lines.............then give up in desperation and dont go to the polling station out of rage

I'm sticking a vote in for reform, yes I know they haven't a clue how to run the country, but if we don't all vote for change, no change will happen. If the country is going to be a **** show, at least it will be one I voted for and not one I'm forced to vote for as "you have to vote for labour or conservative or its a wasted vote"

1 hour ago, 12gauge82 said:

I'm sticking a vote in for reform, yes I know they haven't a clue how to run the country, but if we don't all vote for change, no change will happen. If the country is going to be a **** show, at least it will be one I voted for and not one I'm forced to vote for as "you have to vote for labour or conservative or its a wasted vote"

yup.....................i will go with that

1 hour ago, Yellow Bear said:

Harold Wilson kept ranting on, in 1964, about "13 years of Tory misrule and mismanagement" and then spent the next few years demonstrating how to really muck up the country with the help of the unions.

Starmer is parroting the same script. 

16 minutes ago, amateur said:

Harold Wilson kept ranting on, in 1964, about "13 years of Tory misrule and mismanagement" and then spent the next few years demonstrating how to really muck up the country with the help of the unions.

Starmer is parroting the same script. 

Funny, I had noticed that!

1 hour ago, amateur said:

then spent the next few years demonstrating how to really muck up the country with the help of the unions.

I'm afraid we all need to be prepared for Starmer, Rayner, Lammy & Co to do the same all over again.  Fieldsports and the countryside are both likely to be losers.

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

what sort of things ?

If iran, Lebanon ect steps into the fray and so does USA and or nato, I could see China having a pop at tiwan while the west is distracted. With war building in Europe to, that would pretty much add up to the start of ww3. Although it's all a bit far fetched, this is how these things tend to start, a miscalculated move, causing an uncontrollable chain reaction.

17 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

If iran, Lebanon ect steps into the fray and so does USA and or nato, I could see China having a pop at tiwan while the west is distracted. With war building in Europe to, that would pretty much add up to the start of ww3. Although it's all a bit far fetched, this is how these things tend to start, a miscalculated move, causing an uncontrollable chain reaction.

ouch !

1 hour ago, 12gauge82 said:

Nevil Shute's "On the Beach" Armageddon kicked off with a Middle East conflict