A query about Guntrader

Old Boggy

I currently have a gun for sale on Guntrader and when I log on it tells me that the advert has had 168 views and 4 phone calls.

I have never received any calls or messages, but thinking about it, how would Guntrader know if I had received any calls?

Got me puzzled.

Any ideas?

Thanks for any replies.

OB

4 minutes ago, old'un said:

have you looked to see if the number on the advert is yours ?

That’s the first thing that I checked but thanks anyway.

8 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, they are based at Malmesbury  try a phone call for your info, 01666 575272

Many thanks I’ll give them a ring.

Roll up, roll up .... if you don't,  it'll be gone,, panic, panic ,,  if I don't get on it someone else will have bought it..?

OR ..... that no guns are selling anywhere and they want to create the illusion that there are customers out there.  On here if you look at the guns for sale section a lot of views but very very few comments and even fewer sales.  Guns = dead market.  How many times on here do you see. Free guns and got to make space in the cabinet. Its all a smokescreen and mirrors to create an illusion. 

2 hours ago, button said:

Does it count as a call if someone hits reveal in your number?

Yes that is what happens 

56 minutes ago, Ttfjlc said:

To be honest I was led to believe it was how many times someone ‘revealed’ your phone number, the ad would only show a partial number and someone would have to click, ‘reveal’ to see all of it.

Correct

27 minutes ago, peejay said:

i was told that if someone clicks "reveal" to show your full phone number then that is registered as a call

Yes, that makes sense as Guntrader wouldn`t necessarily know when a call was made to my mobile.

Thanks for all who clarified that for me.

OB

2 hours ago, Old Boggy said:

Yes, that makes sense as Guntrader wouldn`t necessarily know when a call was made to my mobile.

Thanks for all who clarified that for me.

OB

Just tested that out by revealing the number on the advert and sure enough it registered another phone icon.