Antidote to Dry Pie

Gameking

6 minutes ago, Gameking said:

A picture paints a thousand words - apparently 🤫

What, like,,,,,

Too much gravy. Not enough gravy. No green veg ? Pie looks overcooked. No spuds ? Why the heart ? No SMARTIES ??!! Looks great. I could eat that. And,,,, 970 other words 🤪😆

It does look great, but needs some nice boiled potatoes 👍😂

10 minutes ago, JKD said:

What, like,,,,,

Too much gravy. Not enough gravy. No green veg ? Pie looks overcooked. No spuds ? Why the heart ? No SMARTIES ??!! Looks great. I could eat that. And,,,, 970 other words 🤪😆

It does look great, but needs some nice boiled potatoes 👍😂

and some minted garden peas, with a pint of Abbots on the side.

16 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Apparently so, I have served with NORTHERNERS in the past and some of my friends and colleagues cannot understand why I like CHIPS and GRAVY.

Nowt wrong with chips and gravy, or indeed a chip sarnie, but bread and butter with a pie and cauliflower is just wrong! 🤢

12 minutes ago, Scully said:

Nowt wrong with chips and gravy, or indeed a chip sarnie, but bread and butter with a pie and cauliflower is just wrong! 🤢

Aye, but tha needs thi bread n butter if tha's hewing coal darn't pit or  'ammerin rivets in't shipyard or rollin' red 'ot ingots in't rollin mill.

Oh! Wait a minute! Nobody does any of that any more, some just eat as though they still do.

55 minutes ago, amateur said:

Aye, but tha needs thi bread n butter if tha's hewing coal darn't pit or  'ammerin rivets in't shipyard or rollin' red 'ot ingots in't rollin mill.

Oh! Wait a minute! Nobody does any of that any more, some just eat as though they still do.

🙂👍

1 hour ago, amateur said:

People still do that type of work,I am and never have been one of them.i am however northern and can/do make a buttie out of most things🙋

1 hour ago, Scully said:

If you look at the pictures, there's an ocean of gravy too.can't mop it up with your fingers 🤔

2 hours ago, Scully said:

I’m Northern,  but there’s Northern and Northern! 

If you don't make butties your not northern

1 hour ago, Mr grumpy said:

People still do that type of work,I am and never have been one of them.i am however northern and can/do make a buttie out of most things🙋

If you look at the pictures, there's an ocean of gravy too.can't mop it up with your fingers 🤔

If you don't make butties your not northern

It’s a sarnie up here ( Cumbria ) unless it’s chips, then it’s a butty. 
I think someone’s listening…..a pie and mushy peas sarnie has just appeared on my Instagram feed! 😳
Once flattened between two slices of bread it was cooked in a Breville toaster then cut in half and dipped in a bowl of thick gravy! 
Looked fabulous to be honest! 😋