Looking for a shooting buddy

24 minutes ago, Spr1985 said:

I’m gobsmacked that no one has responded to this, the amount of times I’ve seen people wanting shooting on the forum and when it’s placed neatly on a plate in front of the masses…..not one response!  I’m baffled !! 

Probably too far for most. 

20 hours ago, Bergara-boy said:

Based in the Cumbria  just outside of cockermouth. I thought I’d ask if anyone local is into they’re rifles, varminting stalking foxing, shooting steel ect

i have plenty of all types of shooting at my leisure. 

Got any walked up rabbits on those white rushy hills of Cumbria? 🙏🏻

2 hours ago, RickyP26 said:

West Midlands, Staffordshire- Cannock,

really struggling with permission 

head west of Penkridge the A449, they used to sow a lot of rape around that area, been a few years since I shot around there but never found it difficult picking up shooting.

From now onwards is the best time to get out looking. :good:

9 minutes ago, old'un said:

head west of Penkridge the A449, they used to sow a lot of rape around that area, been a few years since I shot around there but never found it difficult picking up shooting.

From now onwards is the best time to get out looking. :good:

Thank you!! I’ll go a drive tomorrow and ask about 

24 minutes ago, RickyP26 said:

Thank you!! I’ll go a drive tomorrow and ask about 

there’s a few shoots around there, if you are interested in doing some beating it might help you get your foot in the door, if so, try Somerford estate or Stretton Estate, both belong to the Monkton’s, also give Chillington Hall, just south of Brewood a try.

There was a farmer J Sands on Horsebrook Lane, Brewood, they grew a lot of rape and also had a shoot run by his son Peter Sands, worth a knock on his door.

19 minutes ago, old'un said:

there’s a few shoots around there, if you are interested in doing some beating it might help you get your foot in the door, if so, try Somerford estate or Stretton Estate, both belong to the Monkton’s, also give Chillington Hall, just south of Brewood a try.

There was a farmer J Sands on Horsebrook Lane, Brewood, they grew a lot of rape and also had a shoot run by his son Peter Sands, worth a knock on his door.

Thank you for all the help! I’ll be going round tomorrow and see if I can get abit of luck 

7 hours ago, Mickeydredd said:

Great offer.

Hope you find someone, just a little too far from me in Ayrshire.

Thanks mickey, I’m at a point in life where I just enjoy shooting with others more than on my own, I’ve a lot of land and a lot of opportunities for all types of shooting, so I thought I’d ask and see if anyone’s close by. 

appreciate that mate 👍

1 hour ago, Bergara-boy said:

Thanks mickey, I’m at a point in life where I just enjoy shooting with others more than on my own, I’ve a lot of land and a lot of opportunities for all types of shooting, so I thought I’d ask and see if anyone’s close by. 

appreciate that mate 👍

Yes mate a very generous offer, I am also gobsmacked that no one has responded to this great opportunity.

Good luck and hope you find a shooting buddy soon. :good:

On 19/11/2023 at 20:12, Bergara-boy said:

Based in the Cumbria  just outside of cockermouth. I thought I’d ask if anyone local is into they’re rifles, varminting stalking foxing, shooting steel ect

i have plenty of all types of shooting at my leisure. 

Hi mate,I live in newcastle so your only 2 hours away,I have shotgun 22 live and fac air rifle,can shoot most days as iam retired,gladly come and spend some time shooting with you, if you'd like to message me, thanks dave 

5 hours ago, Bergara-boy said:

appreciate that mate 👍

Yeah, absolutely.

I mainly stalk these days when I get the chance.  If you ever fancy company on a stalk at the weekend then by all means give me a shout!