COUPLE OF PIECES OF VERY RIGID RUBBER TUBE 16mm ID

blueeyes

Hi Guys need your help , I am going to try and adapt a set of shooting sticks and need a couple of pieces of really stiff tubing 16mm ID the stiffer the better but not solid rigid if you know what I mean , outside Diameter up to 24mm any ideas most welcome thanks Ps 2 bits app 4" 

Edited by blueeyes

I know what would work. Rope shrink wrap. Buy it from a chandler its cheap and comes in different size tubes and will make the spring rigid. 

like this https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/heat-shrink-tubing/0399603?cm_mmc=UK-PLA-DS3A-_-google-_-CFS_UK_EN_HELLERMANNTYTON_Whoop_4700197345-_-(GB:Whoop!)+Cables+%26+Wires-_-399603&matchtype=&pla-295637691839&gad_source=1&gclsrc=ds

28 minutes ago, oowee said:

I know what would work. Rope shrink wrap. Buy it from a chandler its cheap and comes in different size tubes and will make the spring rigid. 

like this https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/heat-shrink-tubing/0399603?cm_mmc=UK-PLA-DS3A-_-google-_-CFS_UK_EN_HELLERMANNTYTON_Whoop_4700197345-_-(GB:Whoop!)+Cables+%26+Wires-_-399603&matchtype=&pla-295637691839&gad_source=1&gclsrc=ds

thanks I have tried several layers of heat shrink but still too soft 

difficult to see how that works in your picture, is the block that the rifle is resting on attached to the rifle.

Do you have a link to the sticks?

you could try filling the springs with silicon sealer or even moulding your own silicon rod.

Edited by old'un

5 hours ago, blueeyes said:

Hi Guys need your help , I am going to try and adapt a set of shooting sticks and need a couple of pieces of really stiff tubing 16mm ID the stiffer the better but not solid rigid if you know what I mean , outside Diameter up to 24mm any ideas most welcome thanks Ps 2 bits app 4" 

You could probably warm up a piece of hose pipe , and stretch it to 16mm.👍

6 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

You could probably warm up a piece of hose pipe , and stretch it to 16mm.👍

thanks bud but that was one of the things I tried still to much flex

2 hours ago, old'un said:

difficult to see how that works in your picture, is the block that the rifle is resting on attached to the rifle.

Do you have a link to the sticks?

you could try filling the springs with silicon sealer or even moulding your own silicon rod.

yes it is attached with a sliding dovetail and its the springs that are just too light for my rifle 

39 minutes ago, blueeyes said:

thanks bud but that was one of the things I tried still to much flex

That's a shame.

Have you thought about finding a block of rubber or plastic , and cutting it to size , then drilling a 16mm hole in it ?.

13 hours ago, mel b3 said:

That's a shame.

Have you thought about finding a block of rubber or plastic , and cutting it to size , then drilling a 16mm hole in it ?.

that would be beyond my capabilities my friend as you need the trigger part to hold it on the pic rail tks 

12 hours ago, Westley said:

Car heater hose  ??

Got a bit fae the scrappy still too soft tks 

1 hour ago, scarecrow243 said:

i think it would be better with another set of shooting sticks 

Lol they are ideal ,its just my rifle with the Drone pro and Ir etc is too top heavy for the springs to stop it canting and the whole lot crashing to the ground , I have put a wanted add up for the Stoney Point type tks