Looks like the climate con is working?

old man

They more than likely belong to the staff. Once they are above certain pay grades a salary sacrifice lease scheme makes a lot of sense and as well as saving tax, you can lease quite an expensive electric vehicle for a relative pittance. AFAIK the NHS schemes are quite generous compared to rocking up to Audi or BMW and buying a vehicle with the manufacturers finance or lease packages. 

As far as the no sound goes, most have an (partially) artificial electrical hum in place of engine noise so they should be just as audible a modern ICE alternative. The PHEV model that I am blessed with certainly does, I can hear the other half pulling onto the drive in that just well as the petrol engined car we have. 

Agree that PHEV and BEV vehicles are quite misleading in terms of efficiency and green credentials. The PHEV we have is quoted at 180+ MPG when day to day it averages 40 MPG at most. It EV only range quoted as 34 miles but we've never had more than 20 before the engine started and it reverted to a solely ICE car, only then it has to cart around a flat 100kg battery for the remainder of the trip. The car it replaced (a self charging hybrid) achieved over 55 MPG across the two years I had it. 

The utterly unproven theory (which is all it is!), that human CO2 emissions are the cause of climate change is the greatest and most economically destructive hoax in all of known history.

Whilst we in the west set about destroying our economies and wealth in pursuit of and unachievable and pointless "Nett Zero" wheeze, China, India, Russia and much of the far east are not only licking their lips in anticipation of the good times that lie ahead, but also rapidly increasing their own CO2 emissions.

4 minutes ago, Westward said:

The utterly unproven theory (which is all it is!), that human CO2 emissions are the cause of climate change is the greatest and most economically destructive hoax in all of known history.

Whilst we in the west set about destroying our economies and wealth in pursuit of and unachievable and pointless "Nett Zero" wheeze, China, India, Russia and much of the far east are not only licking their lips in anticipation of the good times that lie ahead, but also rapidly increasing their own CO2 emissions.

But that nice Uncle Klaus and Larry(ESG - the one ring to rule them all)Fink say we must do it to keep the little Greeter happy.

Greta is pleased that we comply, saves on throat sweets?

1 hour ago, Westward said:

Absolutely true, bankrupt brittain providing amusement to the world?

8 hours ago, old man said:

Revelation today. At the local hospital the car park is full of new electro models? The pensioners must spend their pittanceces saving the planet.

Need eyes in the rear to walk across as no sound and poor eyesight is a lethal combination?🤔

Got yours yet lol

11 hours ago, Bemused said:

A lot of the motability vehicles seem to be electric now.

Mines a hybrid 😇

11 hours ago, DUNKS said:

Thank you poor shot for that common sense reply. I run a 2litre 180 bhp diesel and get more than that

Mines a self charging hybrid.

Never just runs on ICE.

Does a combination of just electric or petrol/electric together.

It’s rare for me to get below 50mpg.

Best I have achieved was 82mpg on a 95 mile run on I would say 2/3 motorway.

Mines a motability car, would I buy one? No… nice enough car but the cost of replacing batteries puts me off, oh and I couldn’t afford to buy one anyway 🫣

:shaun:

14 hours ago, Dougy said:

Got yours yet lol

Nope Dougy, I don't need to sit on Li-*** that big.  😰

Quite funny to see the silver surfers whizzing around, most were in big motors where the drivers were so short as to only be able to peer through the steering wheel and the top of the dash. Lots of Kia's.

10 hours ago, shaun4860 said:

Mines a hybrid 😇

Never just runs on ICE.

Mines a motability car, would I buy one? No… nice enough car but the cost of replacing batteries puts me off, oh and I couldn’t afford to buy one anyway 🫣

Not knocking you personally Dunks but maybe to me another illustration of government stupidity taking on the responsibility of those batteries? But not their money? 😂

10 hours ago, shaun4860 said:

Mines a hybrid 😇

Never just runs on ICE.

Same here.. Mine is a company provided vehicle and while it is very nice, its extremely complicated and potential nightmare outside of the manufacturers warranty. It has a list price of just over £42k and not something I would choose to purchase with my own hard earned. 

The battery is buried deep under the rear seats and boot floor but above the fuel tank. It then has associated electrical kit (chargers etc) integrated into other parts of the car. I imagine that should you suffer an electrical system fault there would many hours of time spent just accessing and fault finding the various units and control modules plus the cost of actual replacement parts. 

Previous car was a Toyota self charging hybrid, the car itself was very cheap with an antiquated interior, cloth seats, no parking sensors, tiny little low resolution screen etc but the hybrid system was really good and was very fuel efficient.