Hong-Kong fooey

ditchman

Just now, bruno22rf said:

I always use Sesame Oil in stir fries and groundnut Oil in Curries. As soon as Sesame Oil gets hot it releases a superb Chinese food aroma.

Groundnut oil heats to a higher temperature and is what is use in authentic chinese cuisine.

For the best noodles, soak them in boiling water from the kettle until al dente, then drain and rinse under cold water. Drain again until as dry as possible and cool. Drizzle in soy sauce and sesame oil, mix well and leave in the fridge overnight. Stir fry with you choice of meat, onion and bean sprouts (add a few minutes from the end).

3 minutes ago, Penelope said:

Groundnut oil heats to a higher temperature and is what is use in authentic chinese cuisine.

For the best noodles, soak them in boiling water from the kettle until al dente, then drain and rinse under cold water. Drain again until as dry as possible and cool. Drizzle in soy sauce and sesame oil, mix well and leave in the fridge overnight. Stir fry with you choice of meat, onion and bean sprouts (add a few minutes from the end).

Far too much faffing about, we buy the Buldak Hot Chicken flavour (Morrisons do them), boil em for 5 minutes then add the sauce, not had any complaints but people are normally too busy trying to put out the fire in their mouth to complain 😃.

1 hour ago, 7daysinaweek said:

For all the Phooey fans!

Myself included.

Ditchy that is a great use of some packet noodles, what a quick and simple dish.

Well done sir!

it needed something green.....................i cannot for the life of me understand why the co-op dosnt sell green peppers...they sell all the other colours .....but green ...no ...weird