Partridge breasts, an experiment

JohnfromUK

Not home shot, but Hampshire Game partridge breasts were on offer and I like to support supermarkets who sell game ......... and I wanted to freeze them in a 'ready to roast' type of format.

What I did was to make a 'Paxo' base my making Paxo sage and onion stuffing with extra dried onions added (to make it less solid), ground black pepper and a knob of butter so that it could be moulded when cold - and chilled that overnight.

Then lay out a couple of strips of smoked streaky bacon, form a 'cake' of the Paxo about the size of the partridge breasts on the bacon and top with sliced mushrooms (mushrooms give off a lot of moisture in cooking and stop it drying out).  On top of that a partridge breast is placed and the bacon wrapped around.

Wrapped tightly to retain the moisture in foil parcels and cooked at 180 C for around 20/25 minutes to an internal temperature of 75 - 80 C.  These look a bit pale now, but are 'cooked' and will be frozen or chilled - and when wanted roasted in a hot oven to crisp and brown up the outside and make sure the inside is fully hot and serve with roast potatoes and hot veggies.

That's the plan!

11A5832F-AC5C-4A1E-BF54-ABC705828885_1_102_a.jpeg