Best place to buy cartridges Staffordshire

garjo

Try Oakedge shooting ground too. It's over 12 months since I was there, but they had a couple of offers on cartridges.  Eastfield guns is a newish venture, Matt Morgan late of Premier Guns is running it. Again 12 months ago, I got some Hull Superfarts at Wisemans at a good price. IF you can ever get to Catton Hall at Frodsham on a Wednesday,  PM me. I will give you a phone number to contact. He shoots at Catton Hall on Wednesdays and sells cartridges. 

ok, got it wrong, he goes to a clay ground at ‘The Microlight School’ about 3 miles east of Lichfield, he said they are a nice bunch of lads and will make you very welcome, they shoot every Sunday but have not been able to shoot because the river Tame burst its banks and flooded the grounds but should open shortly….https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/The+Microlight+School/@52.6781599,-1.76364,7205m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m6!3m5!1s0x487a07a7bba3ffe5:0x9aa7095af3c1eaf4!8m2!3d52.6734921!4d-1.7233533!16s%2Fg%2F1td607qf?entry=ttu

He did say the other one to look at was...https://www.blackbrookcountrysports.co.uk/

13 hours ago, Westley said:

Try Oakedge shooting ground too. It's over 12 months since I was there, but they had a couple of offers on cartridges.  Eastfield guns is a newish venture, Matt Morgan late of Premier Guns is running it. Again 12 months ago, I got some Hull Superfarts at Wisemans at a good price. IF you can ever get to Catton Hall at Frodsham on a Wednesday,  PM me. I will give you a phone number to contact. He shoots at Catton Hall on Wednesdays and sells cartridges. 

Thanks Westley, I am not far from Oakedge and will try there for cartridges. Many years ago I bought a gun from Matt and I didn’t know that he had moved, he’s a decent bloke. As I say Westley thanks for your help.

12 hours ago, old'un said:

ok, got it wrong, he goes to a clay ground at ‘The Microlight School’ about 3 miles east of Lichfield, he said they are a nice bunch of lads and will make you very welcome, they shoot every Sunday but have not been able to shoot because the river Tame burst its banks and flooded the grounds but should open shortly….https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/The+Microlight+School/@52.6781599,-1.76364,7205m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m6!3m5!1s0x487a07a7bba3ffe5:0x9aa7095af3c1eaf4!8m2!3d52.6734921!4d-1.7233533!16s%2Fg%2F1td607qf?entry=ttu

He did say the other one to look at was...https://www.blackbrookcountrysports.co.uk/

Cheers Old Un, I think I know the clay shoot you’re on about and will get over there. I need to get back into my shooting, I’ll try Oakedge next week and then the microlight school. I miss not just the shooting but the banter as well. Take care. 

Wynnstay in Stafford but I live in Stafford so it's handy. I shoot every other Sunday at Farm Clay Ground at Penkridge and there's are £7 iirc for Rios.

Oakedge, Doveridge, TFM, Shooting Sports Uk and been told there's a place that's part of a post office/petrol station north of Eccleshall that's worth a visit. Croxton rings a bell, think there's also a shooting ground up there.

Depends where in Staffordshire you are.

On 15/12/2023 at 12:39, garjo said:

I live in the Lichfield area if that helps. Ta

Just seen this sorry. Solware is in Tamworth and has a huge selection of everything but as said already you have mid counties blacking just out the town centre on Britannia park. Daz is excellent at anything engineering and guns . Clever ****** who has more knowledge on guns and ammo than you could ask for.

Just to feedback (after using up my stock of cartridges) I bought some cartridges. I might need to shop around more, I was surprised by how much they had gone up. The last time I bought some must have been two years ago. I might pop over to Garlands to see if they’re cheaper. Thank you for all of your help

6 hours ago, team tractor said:

Just seen this sorry. Solware is in Tamworth and has a huge selection of everything but as said already you have mid counties blacking just out the town centre on Britannia park. Daz is excellent at anything engineering and guns . Clever ****** who has more knowledge on guns and ammo than you could ask for.

Thanks, just seen this, I’ll also try these places. Ta