Chamber inserts

I’ve got a couple of twelve and twenty bore inserts for my single barrel ten. The twenty bore inserts are thicker and sturdier than the twelves. Both after firing need their shells poked out with a section of cleaning rod. I’ve only used them on clays but they demolish them when they connect. Not patterned them as it was just to allow cheap use of the ten to keep familiar with it

just checked ,they are little Skeeters 

Any time I enquired about getting a couple knocked up in uk I was told two bores down for the insert ie largest would be 16 bore for a 10 bore so sourced them in USA

Edited by Konor

31 minutes ago, Konor said:

I’ve got a couple of twelve and twenty bore inserts for my single barrel ten. The twenty bore inserts are thicker and sturdier than the twelves. Both after firing need their shells poked out with a section of cleaning rod. I’ve only used them on clays but they demolish them when they connect. Not patterned them as it was just to allow cheap use of the ten to keep familiar with it

just checked ,they are little Skeeters 

Any time I enquired about getting a couple knocked up in uk I was told two bores down for the insert ie largest would be 16 bore for a 10 bore so sourced them in USA

blimey, the walls on 10g to 12g must be thin, think there's only about 1mm difference between the two?

Islandgun I’ve unearthed the spare 12 bore inserts if you are interested in them.

Salmo on here did me a great favour in selling me some ten bore cartridges a while back and took me out on a duck flight so in the spirit of passing that kindness forwards if you dm me your details I will send them up to you

2 minutes ago, old'un said:

blimey, the walls on 10g to 12g must be thin, think there's only about 1mm difference between the two?

They are thin much like a brass cased cartridge but have worked fine for me. The only hassle is having to poke out the shells

1 minute ago, Konor said:

Islandgun I’ve unearthed the spare 12 bore inserts if you are interested in them.

Salmo on here did me a great favour in selling me some ten bore cartridges a while back and took me out on a duck flight so in the spirit of passing that kindness forwards if you dm me your details I will send them up to you

They are thin much like a brass cased cartridge but have worked fine for me. The only hassle is having to poke out the shells

what material are they made from?

5 hours ago, Konor said:

Brilliant, very good of you, DM on its way. cheers IG

17 hours ago, Scully said:

Someone must be providing the components; I came across a 12 bore Krieghoff on GT with inserts for various bores, complete with chokes for each one! 

They are not sending reloading components from the u.s. so for more obscure bores 10 or 28 eg wads and nitro cards are not available. But still available for 12 g

You’re more than welcome as I said I’m passing forward a kindness that Salmo did for me in selling me some ten bore cartridges and taking me out on a duck flight a couple of years back. I hope they turn out to be useful for you 

Edited by Konor

1 hour ago, Konor said:

You’re more than welcome as I said I’m passing forward a kindness that Salmo did for me in selling me some ten bore cartridges and taking me out on a duck flight a couple of years back. I hope they turn out to be useful for you 

In the spirit of what goes around comes around i will be on the lookout for a worthy PW member in need..😁

I turned my own on the lathe out of mild steel they were quite substantial 

12 to 410 and 12 to 20 bore a pair of each I machined them so they were 8 inches long 

not to difficult to do if you can use a lathe they worked great , the 410 especially shot great patterns at 30 yards the 20 bore wasn't to bad though 

alas both pairs went with the lamber o/u when i sold it 10 years ago  

49 minutes ago, hafod said:

I turned my own on the lathe out of mild steel they were quite substantial 

12 to 410 and 12 to 20 bore a pair of each I machined them so they were 8 inches long 

not to difficult to do if you can use a lathe they worked great , the 410 especially shot great patterns at 30 yards the 20 bore wasn't to bad though 

alas both pairs went with the lamber o/u when i sold it 10 years ago  

The same as me ,I turned 2 out off brass 4" long for 12 to 20 bore and 2 out of steel 8" long for 12 to 410 with a o'ring groove to centre it in the bore.

17 hours ago, Andy H said:

The same as me ,I turned 2 out off brass 4" long for 12 to 20 bore and 2 out of steel 8" long for 12 to 410 with a o'ring groove to centre it in the bore.

You made the same type as me then mine were exactly the same with the O ring groove to centre in the barrel they were brilliant 

I was called everything on here by some people when I said I had made them

I was told it was illegal ,

they had to be sent for proof testing

they had to have serial no,s , and be entered on a certificate 

i was a tight **** as cartridges were cheap etc etc you know how it goes