WINDOWS 10 ENGLISH TEXT

DUNKS

Can any one please help? I have my windows 10 set for English United kingdom. But it is still set in the US style and keeps attempting to make me spell some words wrong. Any clues on how I can stop this?

Which programme are you talking about?  This isn't a system-level setting and how to change spellcheck settings varies according to whether you're using Word, Chrome, etc.

I think you might be getting spell check confused with keyboard layout, which is a system level setting, and appears in the bottom right hand corner in the taskbar.  This of course has no influence on spellcheck of Chrome for instance.

image.png.b4b040b304914fccfd6c75395d4da287.png

Check you are set to English.

The display language you select changes the default language used by Windows features like Settings and File Explorer. Select Start > Settings > Time & language > Language & region. Choose a language from the Windows display language menu.

14 hours ago, ShootingEgg said:

Sounds like you are in English US language mode instead of English UK.

Should be in settings and language settings then can change it to UK

Yep done that and it is set to UK. Still does not work.

Worth a go?

How do I change spell check from US to UK English?

Easily Switch Between American and British Spellcheck

Once it's open, go to File > Options. Under Proofing, you can look for the grammar check options, but that doesn't determine the language. Therefore, you have to go to the Word Options window and then to the Language tab.
Edited by Weihrauch17

2 hours ago, Cranfield said:

In a sporting goods shop in Apalachicola on the Florida panhandle, the female owner congratulated me on my perfect English, I pointed out that I was English.
She replied, "Oh, I didn't realise that". 🙄

Two Nations divided by a common language. Also, they do not understand our sense of humour.

A similar experience.

Many years back at an Oracle Applications User Group conference in Phoenix Arizona two lady accountants from Ben and Jerry ice creams said to me “Robert, we do like our accent” to which I replied  ”I do not have an accent. I am English”. Their response was classic, along the lines of “So sorry, of course, we should have realised that”.