PW at its best

I recently posted for short ten light load recipes for a Damascus 10 bore, the ideas went back and forth as they do and I received several recipes and offers to help, including wads etc. Further conversations about inserts lead to Konor very kindly sending me a couple of ten to twelve little skeeters [ I will be trying them ASAP, thanks again Konor]. Meanwhile the gent from the IOW namely Old Farrier also very kindly decided that due to the lack of component availability, he would set me up with enough cork wads and over powder cards to last me for a year or two, along with a powder scoop, a device for injecting homemade nitro cards into the case, and a large number of his homemade cards, then to top it off, a couple of pennel rigs that are guaranteed to catch Bass. what can i sayΒ  other than Thank you very much all.Β  [I need to get into my stuff and see just what I can pass onto others] Picture is of the Skeeters and my own Lee Loader and the rest is C.o.Β  Old farrier. Thanks again.πŸ‘

ofteng.jpg.0e6ab1f386bce350f2e95ac33d51688a.jpg

Edited by islandgun

I can certainly agree with scully.

Ickerson sent me a tele sight free of charge for an air rifle I was restoring for a 13 Yr old so he could have a go at shooting .Needless to say his eyes lit up and according to his parents he is using it at every opportunity.

2 minutes ago, Dave at kelton said:

Fantastic. Glad to see how it has all come together. You just need to do your bit now and pull the trigger at the right time!

Thanks DaveΒ  and thanks for all your help I will be in touch

35 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

πŸ™„you forgot to mention the fibre shot cups πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚and the measure is adjustableΒ 

the rig is guaranteed to catch with a competent angler behind it don’t let it down πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜Š

I see, I don't remember having to be competent.. err, It occurred to me that you might like to send up a box of bait on a sort of irregular basis, say every Friday,Β  lets see, peeler, king rag, black lug............

1 hour ago, Old farrier said:

πŸ™„you forgot to mention the fibre shot cups πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚and the measure is adjustableΒ 

the rig is guaranteed to catch with a competent angler behind it don’t let it down πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜Š

Nice touch πŸ‘

made a knife for Harnser a while ago...he then met me at acle sale for a coffee and a mardle...and gave me a 1942 Deopter site for a lee enfield..(like hens teeth)..which ifitted to my HW77.........

i did some zinc plating and works for Vilking many years ago.......and he sent me 2 turbo rebuild kits for my old 90.............Pigeonwaatch is full of these sort of people

1 hour ago, islandgun said:

I see, I don't remember having to be competent.. err, It occurred to me that you might like to send up a box of bait on a sort of irregular basis, say every Friday,Β  lets see, peeler, king rag, black lug............

Now you’re getting delusional πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I don’t use at of those baits πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

On 06/01/2024 at 20:43, Old farrier said:

Now you’re getting delusional πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I don’t use at of those baits πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Ah now I see where I'm going wrong.😁. Watch this space for report of the first Hebridean double figure Bass, now I am being delusional.😊