A great mornings decoying

Stealth Stalker

I had a call from the farmer yesterday saying the pigeon are building up on his rape, so I arranged with my mate Italian Tony to be set up at dawn on opposite sides of the farm.

I arrived in the field whilst it was still dark & was set up with 25 shell deeks in a elongated "L" shape at 6.45, the first customers arrived bang on 7am & I started with a nice double <_< & I quickly set those up on the magnet at the head of the pattern, what followed can only be described as woody heaven as there was a constant stream of birds from the second I started the whirly, by 8am I had notched up 40 on the clicker & still they came.

I was shooting like a demon with doubles & trios coming thick & fast, by 9am there was 75 on the clicker :lol:

I had to be away at midday to get to London for a property auction, so I set myself the magic 100 goal, the birds were slowing up now & Italian Tony had joined me as there was nothing happening his end :lol: He was sat in the hide spotting birds for me & I pulled of a cracking trio, which he'd never seen before :lol:

By 10 am I had 90 birds down & then things went really slow, it took till 11.20 to finally reach the ton.

So in 4 hours 20 minutes I had clocked up 100 birds for 147 shots, one of my best ever ratio's :lol:

I left Italian Tony in my hide with the deeks & magnet still drawing the birds in & set off to London, which was a waste of time :lol: the property I was interested in ended up going for silly money. I at least had the pleasure of bidding up the other buyer an extra 25k :lol::lol:

I got back to the field to be greeted by an exausted & relieved Italian (he thought I was gonna leave him to pick all the birds & pack up himself) :lol::lol: , he'd managed to rack a further 71 on the clicker although we could only pick 42 :lol:

A cracking day was had by all & to cap it off Tony rang a restuaranter he knows & struck a deal with him for 60p a bird :lol:

Pic of the final bag

DSC00116.jpg

Stealth Stalker

I had a call from the farmer yesterday saying the pigeon are building up on his rape, so I arranged with my mate Italian Tony to be set up at dawn on opposite sides of the farm.

I arrived in the field whilst it was still dark & was set up with 25 shell deeks in a elongated "L" shape at 6.45, the first customers arrived bang on 7am & I started with a nice double <_< & I quickly set those up on the magnet at the head of the pattern, what followed can only be described as woody heaven as there was a constant stream of birds from the second I started the whirly, by 8am I had notched up 40 on the clicker & still they came.

I was shooting like a demon with doubles & trios coming thick & fast, by 9am there was 75 on the clicker :lol:

I had to be away at midday to get to London for a property auction, so I set myself the magic 100 goal, the birds were slowing up now & Italian Tony had joined me as there was nothing happening his end :lol: He was sat in the hide spotting birds for me & I pulled of a cracking trio, which he'd never seen before :lol:

By 10 am I had 90 birds down & then things went really slow, it took till 11.20 to finally reach the ton.

So in 4 hours 20 minutes I had clocked up 100 birds for 147 shots, one of my best ever ratio's :lol:

I left Italian Tony in my hide with the deeks & magnet still drawing the birds in & set off to London, which was a waste of time :lol: the property I was interested in ended up going for silly money. I at least had the pleasure of bidding up the other buyer an extra 25k :lol::lol:

I got back to the field to be greeted by an exausted & relieved Italian (he thought I was gonna leave him to pick all the birds & pack up himself) :lol::lol: , he'd managed to rack a further 71 on the clicker although we could only pick 42 :lol:

A cracking day was had by all & to cap it off Tony rang a restuaranter he knows & struck a deal with him for 60p a bird :good:

Pic of the final bag

DSC00116.jpg

Stealth Stalker

good work nice bag :lol:

A cracking day was had by all & to cap it off Tony rang a restuaranter he knows & struck a deal with him for 60p a bird :good:

Pic of the final bag

DSC00116.jpg

Stealth Stalker

Brilliant SS. It's great to see people are having good days at the sport. :lol:

SS,

Well done matey, some good shooting there.

It's good to see them on the rape so early, it bodes well for some better sport this Winter after last years disaster, when they simply didn't look at the rape.

I also think that there's less rape being grown locally, which is also good news, probably due to the very high price of wheat..??

Cat.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...