New BBQ/SMOKER/GRILL

Krico woodcock

Bought a komado bono in January.. was  on my "to buy list" for a while. Lit it last Sunday,  and this evening.  Expensive,  but I would say worth it, you can do so much with them,  but I would say takes time getting use to it. I'll have fun mastering it before next season,  lots in the freezer 🦌🦆👨‍🍳

20240218_185612.jpg

20240218_180049.jpg

I've had the Kamado Joe classic two for the last three years and it's totally revolutionised my outdoor cooking. From simple grilling, smoking and searing it's totally outstanding. Takes some practice getting the temps right, particularly holding a steady stable temperature when cooking a large joint for several hours. Enjoy😉. I always thought the company was American not Irish?

33 minutes ago, yates said:

I've had the Kamado Joe classic two for the last three years and it's totally revolutionised my outdoor cooking. From simple grilling, smoking and searing it's totally outstanding. Takes some practice getting the temps right, particularly holding a steady stable temperature when cooking a large joint for several hours. Enjoy😉. I always thought the company was American not Irish?

Definitely not Irish company,  honestly don't know where they are made, but not Ireland. Yes looking forward to getting to grips with it. 👍

58 minutes ago, bruno22rf said:

That's me out then, I'll stick with my Weber.

€850 or £725  in your money..definitely not cheap.  But life time guarantee, very well made substantial piece of kit.. done my homework on them before buying.. Weber over here are extortionate money.  

5 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, on a search the HQ is American made in Yixing, but very well made compared to the average barbi and life time warranty, Happy cooking Krico👍

👍

2 minutes ago, billytheghillie said:

Any excuse, dont think they did, thats why me and OB are far superior to all the other forum members  

Well Old Boggy is a proper Gentlemen.........................................................:cool1:

11 hours ago, Krico woodcock said:

€850 or £725  in your money..definitely not cheap.  But life time guarantee, very well made substantial piece of kit.. done my homework on them before buying.. Weber over here are extortionate money.  

👍

Not criticizing you Sir - just in case you think I am. Was genuinely interested in what the Komado brings to the party. I have a Weber and the prices in the UK are the same here, ridiculous. I'm such a tart that I buy the instant BBQ's whenever I can so my Weber doesn't get dirty - drives my Mrs up the wall!!.

1 hour ago, bruno22rf said:

Not criticizing you Sir - just in case you think I am. Was genuinely interested in what the Komado brings to the party. I have a Weber and the prices in the UK are the same here, ridiculous. I'm such a tart that I buy the instant BBQ's whenever I can so my Weber doesn't get dirty - drives my Mrs up the wall!!.

Bruno22rf ,  they are a Charcoal BBQ, with lid,They have a very heavy ceramic total surround inside, with vents on bottom and top, to control temperature, it can go extremely hot to very low temperature. The way they are made they can retain heat for a very long time, up 10 to 12 hours!!  with vents set accordingly. And meat can be cooked many ways.  From very fast sear grill to low and slow. You can basically cook  a small fillet steak,  to a Turkey,  and everything in between.  Comes with deflector plates as well,so you can cook with direct heat or indirect heat. You can bake, cook pizzas,  can do alot of things with it, once you master them.  I only have cooked twice on it. But look forward to using it. If you Google them you'll get more info on them.  If your into cooking outdoors,  and looking for something different it may intrest you👍

On 20/02/2024 at 20:45, bruno22rf said:

They are technically not BBQ’s, they are more of a charcoal oven capable of precise temperature control. They are particularly good for very long slow cooks like briskets and pulled pork.

They also do fantastic calzone pizzas.

I have a gas BBQ, a kamado and a gas pizza oven and I regularly use all three.

Edited by moondoggy
Spelling

5 hours ago, moondoggy said:

They are technically not BBQ’s, they are more of a charcoal oven capable of precise temperature control. They are particularly good for very long slow cooks like briskets and pulled pork.

They also do fantastic calzone pizzas.

I have a gas BBQ, a kamado and a gas pizza oven and I regularly use all three.

Thank you, every day's a school day!!