Express Heavyshot cartridge contents .

Heck! How on God's earth that can give regular and consistent patterns I don't know. It doesn't look as of it has been graded to sort out sizes. And those "nibs" look as of they'd score a barrel if they came in to contact with it. But barrel to bore issues aside I'd ask how does it shoot in real life and does it kill clean "dead in the air"?

Edited by enfieldspares

13 minutes ago, enfieldspares said:

Heck! How on God's earth that can give regular and consistent patterns I don't know. It doesn't look as of it has been graded to sort out sizes. And those "nibs" look as of they'd score a barrel if they came in to contact with it. But barrel to bore issues aside I'd ask how does it shoot in real life and does it kill clean "dead in the air"?

Strange isn't it i would shoot steel all day long with no worries ,but could never bring myself to use shot like that .

Most of you won't remember the lead shot shortage. During that time I got my hands on a big bag of mixed Sheldon Bush Shot No6 to BB, it patterned well and excelled at distance contrary to what I had been led to believe.  

I used heavyshot for years.   Avid fowler back in my younger and fitter days.   Results were superb but the cartridges were expensive for those early lead free fowling days They were the best thing you could use for geese.  Threw them out of a Beneli Black Eagle.

Have just passed ten boxes over to my son.   Advised him that if WW3 comes along they are a good substitute for anti tank rounds.   He already has the weapon.

On 25/05/2024 at 11:39, enfieldspares said:

I know - it’s strange isn’t it. For whatever reason it really pulled the wigeon down (I have no. 5s) at ranges you wouldn’t attempt with lead, and yes stone dead. It patterns very tightly. Hard to get it to spread out for normal 30 yard stuff. I remember using cylinder choke a lot. I’m guessing it must be down to it being more dense than lead.