Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, JKD said:

IMG-20240625-WA0000.jpg.ed43bfb891be0dae9c35490aafb53719.jpg

Excellent. 

50 minutes ago, ditchman said:

turned over into 2nd half to watche doc pimple popper and cut my toenails

Exceedingly more productive. 

2 minutes ago, nobbyathome said:

Well it was a bit poo but we are top of the group and go through onwards and upwards eh 

I could have fitted a new carbon on my strimmer.   That would have been more productive.  Still at least they're still there.  But I'm not happy. Still it's only a game. 

1 minute ago, Minky said:

Excellent. 

Exceedingly more productive. 

I could have fitted a new carbon on my strimmer.   That would have been more productive.  Still at least they're still there.  But I'm not happy. Still it's only a game. 

Exactly it’s only a game the way this country expects up to win the euros and the World Cup is laughable sometimes our players are to well fed monetary wise and don’t need to win to get rich 

I don't believe that the performance is related to how much they get paid and to a fair degree the performance is more related to pride of performance.   What I do think is in poor leadership.  How is it that the fans and even the pundits  want certain other players to start but the managers stick with the same old same old. Lack of leadership. 

10 minutes ago, Minky said:

I don't believe that the performance is related to how much they get paid and to a fair degree the performance is more related to pride of performance.   What I do think is in poor leadership.  How is it that the fans and even the pundits  want certain other players to start but the managers stick with the same old same old. Lack of leadership. 

how much better would they play ..if they were told ..the worse you pay the less you get..

24 minutes ago, ditchman said:

how much better would they play ..if they were told ..the worse you pay the less you get..

Apparently they only get c £2000/match and donate that to charity. It's the prestige of winning these tournaments that they strive for,,,, sometimes 🤦

TBH, apart from a couple or three or four, the players fielded so far have looked very lethargic and like they just don't want to be there 🤷

And yes, we're through to the next phase, onwards and upwards and all that, but we need to step up massively to continue,,,, or just more of the same and early flights home for a couple of week's rest 😴😎

5 hours ago, JKD said:

Apparently they only get c £2000/match and donate that to charity. It's the prestige of winning these tournaments that they strive for,,,, sometimes 🤦

TBH, apart from a couple or three or four, the players fielded so far have looked very lethargic and like they just don't want to be there 🤷

And yes, we're through to the next phase, onwards and upwards and all that, but we need to step up massively to continue,,,, or just more of the same and early flights home for a couple of week's rest 😴😎

same game plan as the previous 2 games.

as in there wasn't one.

we must have had 80% possession of the ball AND YET no threat and absolutely no ideas till Palmer/Mainoo came on.

when will he stop picking "the pack" and start picking the players with some heart and ideas.

i've hated Southgate since '96 and the Pizza Hut advert.

COME ON INGERLAAND👍

Edited by Zoli 12 guage

6 hours ago, JKD said:

yeah ...i just red that....i also red that they get £9 million to split between themif they win 

2 hours ago, ditchman said:

yeah ...i just red that....i also red that they get £9 million to split between themif they win 

Didn't know that, but if you break it down, it's not a huge amount per player, but definitely not to be sniffed at. On the form they are in though, they are hardly likely to be receiving that 🙄🤣

15 hours ago, chrisjpainter said:

I'm gonna clean the windows.

It's games like that that make me laugh with how obsessed football fans are,, utter dross.

Then on the news this morning Southgate wonders why people aren't happy even though England won the group 😴😴😴😴

12 hours ago, ditchman said:

They should be playing for pride, for the honour of representing their country, they looked like they'd been dropped and made to play non league on a Tuesday night, ridiculous.

Then the players moan that the pundits aren't behind them, because you're rubbish lads 😅😅

God help them playing Spain or Portugal. 

3 hours ago, Mice! said:

They should be playing for pride, for the honour of representing their country, they looked like they'd been dropped and made to play non league on a Tuesday night, ridiculous.

Then the players moan that the pundits aren't behind them, because you're rubbish lads 😅😅

God help them playing Spain or Portugal. 

Luckily we cannot play them until the final of we reach it...

I think the issue is the formation and playing great individual players out of position. We have two no.10 on the pitch, rice is a CDM and needs to play that role properly. Trent is a RB not a CAM. Playing players out of position is showing, just so he can play his preferred players rather than the right players.

We have hungry young talent that showed in the last 5 minutes we could have carved them Open and scored a few, but to little too late.

10 minutes ago, ShootingEgg said:

I think the issue is the formation and playing great individual players out of position. We have two no.10 on the pitch, rice is a CDM and needs to play that role properly. Trent is a RB not a CAM. Playing players out of position is showing, just so he can play his preferred players rather than the right players.

We have hungry young talent that showed in the last 5 minutes we could have carved them Open and scored a few, but to little too late.

Sorry but I think the are both FS🤣

28 minutes ago, ShootingEgg said:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

exactly this.

Southgate is a clueless yesssss man👍

Foden has left the squad to deal with a personal matter so don't know if he'll be back.

AT THE LEAST Mainoo and Palmer should START on Sunday.

38 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

When Mainoo, Palmer and Gordon got on the field, we looked like a side capable of competing with Spain, Portugal etc.

Exactly. Hungry young players who are intent on attacking. Yet we fall into the trap of playing his preferred players much like we always used to play Gerrard Lampard and Scholes together, which again never worked, individual brilliance but a a three never worked 

1 hour ago, Zoli 12 guage said:

Foden has left the squ...

I think this is due to his partner having their third child ..