Normark Fiskars knife

Lloyd90

Anyone know anything about them? 

Was given it by my cousin as he never used it,  been sat in my draw for ages with me hardly using it 🤣 

Are they any good? Worth keeping or just sell off? 

I just use a cheap knife now a days.

IMG_3105.jpeg

Hello, i have a similar Normark knife like that i used for beach fishing, excellent for cutting fish strips like Mackerel , it is now with my Pike gear , If i remember you were looking at doing some Beach fishing Lloyd so i would keep it 👍

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

Don't seem to-be much about them in the UK but the yanks seem to like them and talk about how well the keep a keen edge, don't think they are still trading but they were made in Norway/Sweden, worth keeping.

One here on ebay...https://www.ebay.com/itm/296517019756?itmmeta=01J109T3EBBW4ZKHPKBB6HMBNX&hash=item4509caa86c:g:Cd8AAOSwWslmdIaE

58 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, i have a similar Normark knife like that i used for beach fishing, excellent for cutting fish strips like Mackerel , it is now with my Pike gear , If i remember you were looking at doing some Beach fishing Lloyd so i would keep it 👍

Sheer guesswork here, but I would imagine that you're talking about the filleting version which I have. They were made in '67. Identical really except the filleting version's blade tapers all along its length to a point.

2 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Yes mate, still a pipe dream so far … waiting until I get 5 minutes! 

2 hours ago, wymberley said:

Sheer guesswork here, but I would imagine that you're talking about the filleting version which I have. They were made in '67. Identical really except the filleting version's blade tapers all along its length to a point.

Hello, You maybe right, i bought mine years ago when i did a lot of Beach fishing, 

My brother and I had these Normark knives in the early 1980s.  We ordered them from Mullarkey & Sons Ltd. and I think they were £9.95 or thereabouts.  I remember them being excellent but they never really got put to much proper use in those days.  I stupidly swapped mine at school for a pocket sized Panasonic radio.  I'm not sure what happened to my brother's one.

I still use the Presentation Fillet version that I bought around 1992 for sea fishing.  Again, it's an excellent knife and better than any other filleting knives that I've used with the possible exception of Moras of which I've bought a couple recently.

I think the Normarks fell foul of the bean counters.

T