How did we all get on today?

Evil Elvis

Yep, hopefully I'll make the Inter county showdown against the Essex Girlies in February, I'll be a lot happier if banger's in the team, he's just coming back into the scene after a pretty long layoff, but already shooting very steady with some decent scores, should be a walkover...........:no:?:o? :lol::lol:

Cat.

HOPEFULLY?

Not bottling it already are we Cat? :lol: :lol: :good::D B)

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, hopefully I'll make the Inter county showdown against the Essex Girlies in February, I'll be a lot happier if banger's in the team, he's just coming back into the scene after a pretty long layoff, but already shooting very steady with some decent scores, should be a walkover...........:o?:/? :lol::lol:

Cat.

HOPEFULLY?

Not bottling it already are we Cat? :lol: :lol: :good::D B)

Well, my Agent has hinted he's planned something potentially more lucrative for me, so we'll see nearer the time.

Keep on winning those Turkeys........!!!!!!! :no: :o

Cat.

hi

i,d love to shoot with you guys but im away to sweden from feb 14 for 10 days. i know you have not set a date yet im only saying this so you know now, instead of me saying later and letting you down. :lol:

cat: im very touched you want me in the team :lol: i reckon another year and i'll be back with you hopefully.

off to hornet on friday anyone else going.

have a good one fellas

banger

Guest The Outlaw
hi

i,d love to shoot with you guys but im away to sweden from feb 14 for 10 days. i know you have not set a date yet im only saying this so you know now, instead of me saying later and letting you down. :lol:

cat: im very touched you want me in the team :lol: i reckon another year and i'll be back with you hopefully.

off to hornet on friday anyone else going.

have a good one fellas

banger

Date is set for the 17th Feb mate, sorry you cant make it.

I cant make Hornet either as I will be on my way back from Wales.

Have a good Chritmas Banger.

Tony

Well either no one shot today, or no one was pleased (or dissapointed) enough with their results to post, so I will kick things off.

Shot my second ever proper round of sporting today at my local 70 bird shoot. I did a 39 ex 70, which I was delighted with as it is a 15% improvement on my first outing on Boxing Day. I am totally addicted to this shooting lark and am itching to get out again.... the old man is already making comments about me wearing the gun out.

Hope eveyone else had a good day.

Not too bad a weekend really, did two 100 bird registered sporting days, one at Barrow in Suffolk, and another at Mid Norfolk Shooting School, and had 54 ex 100 at Barrow (it was very very windy, low gun was 37 at least and high gun was 86) so middle of the road really, and 59 ex 100 at Mid Norfolk, where i was shooting with an AA class shot, who only bagged a 70 ex 100, so pretty happy really!

Still loads of room for improvement, but gettign there slowly!

The only way is up!

Stu

Went to Southdown today, I reckon it was the only 100 bird Sporting registered in the whole country.

Teamed up with tosspot, who shot like an absolute demon, very cool & steady, he just had a couple of bad stands that dragged his score down, but it was a superb display overall, well done Matey, keep it up, you'll be in AA next year deffo :birthday: .. :birthday:

I always reckon if you can shoot a good round at Southdown, you can do the same anywhere, there's always so much "sky" around those targets, it can really phase a lot of folks.

Cat.

Well, since you ask :good: ............ the hay bale update is as follows:

1. won a shoot off for first place last week (49/50)

2. won today with 47/50

3. collected a trophy for best SBS score in the Xmas competition

4. was formally presented with a 50/50 straighting trophy (picture for Pull)

5. was formally presented with a cut glass crystal decanter set for most wins in 2007 (picture for Pull)

6. and of course found out I was high gun at 3 Acres last Sunday with 73/80 beating a large quantity of the Essex County Team who attended

Riding my luck.....

Can't wait for the inter counties stuff coming up on here. Should be good and testing.

Guest The Outlaw
Well, since you ask :lol: ............ the hay bale update is as follows:

1. won a shoot off for first place last week (49/50)

2. won today with 47/50

3. collected a trophy for best SBS score in the Xmas competition

4. was formally presented with a 50/50 straighting trophy (picture for Pull)

5. was formally presented with a cut glass crystal decanter set for most wins in 2007 (picture for Pull)

6. and of course found out I was high gun at 3 Acres last Sunday with 73/80 beating a large quantity of the Essex County Team who attended

Riding my luck.....

Can't wait for the inter counties stuff coming up on here. Should be good and testing.

Any counties out there want to swap with the Bucks and Does in our PW meet up.

Only joking it will be an honour to shoot with you all Cat, mung, Bman1, MartinC, everyone going.

And I cant wait for the next eddition of Pull so I can see who to avoid at shoots in future :lol:

Well done Mungler for your achievments latley.

Tony

Not too bad a weekend really, did two 100 bird registered sporting days, one at Barrow in Suffolk, and another at Mid Norfolk Shooting School, and had 54 ex 100 at Barrow (it was very very windy, low gun was 37 at least and high gun was 86) so middle of the road really, and 59 ex 100 at Mid Norfolk, where i was shooting with an AA class shot, who only bagged a 70 ex 100, so pretty happy really!

Still loads of room for improvement, but gettign there slowly!

The only way is up!

Stu

Well, Barrow Heath was on again today, and I have to say I'm a bit happier with myself!

Ended up on 67 ex 100, which is by no means brilliant, but its better than last week for sure!

Only problem is, i had 9 on three stands, but couldn't finish it off to make a ten :) need to work on my psychological aspect of shooting me thinks!

Stu

Guest The Outlaw

Browning boy and I had another crack at World Sporting today at Northampton, Bboy shot quite well I did better than last time but only by 4 shots 54/100. :)

I had big problems with not being able to hit driven targets with my back probs :angry:

Had a good chuckle shooting with Doug 54/100and David Florrent 56/100from Jerico farm but young Chester Cobb put us all in the shade with a cool and steady 77/100 I think.

Got the hang of it now I just cant wait until I'm fully fit for another go.

155 Iron man next week same time and venue.

One of my fav shoots they have.

Tony

id stop worrying about the actual scores guys.

80/100 at one ground might be the equivalent of 65/100 at another, or even same ground different day.

everyone seems so very worried about percentages for some reason :) imo it would make more sense if people marked themself on what high gun was. ive shot grounds and won high gun with 89/100 and then shot 95/100 and come practically no where! it all depends on the day / targets.

Guest The Outlaw
id stop worrying about the actual scores guys.

80/100 at one ground might be the equivalent of 65/100 at another, or even same ground different day.

everyone seems so very worried about percentages for some reason :) imo it would make more sense if people marked themself on what high gun was. ive shot grounds and won high gun with 89/100 and then shot 95/100 and come practically no where! it all depends on the day / targets.

I agree Emmsy. A slight improvment is ok but last time we shot it we had horrendous wind (curry the night before)and today I bettered by 4 with torn ligaments between my lower spine and my pelvis so I'm not that upset.

Had I got that at 100% fitness I would be really peeved.

Tony

I shot a 25 ex 50. Percentage was down on last weekend, but as Emmsy is right, that was a differnet shoot. One thing I did notice about yesterday though was that I was shooting a lot more instinctively and enjoyed it a lot more. Felt like I was not having to work so hard to pull everything together. I did not like the last stand that was a midi and mini together.... I dropped 9 out of the 10 birds which did not do much for my tally. Think I was giving them to much lead thinking they were further away than they really were.

As long as I am having fun I am happy.