How much is it really...

ditchman

Just now, discobob said:

He works in designing treatment plants. Therefore they need to know the “quantities” they are dealing with - and they know about what quantities they have dealt with historically- it is simple extrapolation 

Ah that explains it. The more the demand or should that be supply (🤣) projected the greater the project makes sense. Surprised its only 80m. 

I have my own digester but it's designed for 10 just in case 🤣

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Raja Clavata said:

Neither Farage nor illegal immigrants keep me awake at night

Nooooo you just called them illegal immigrants! 

Youve 'dehumanised them 😂

Sorry , couldn't help it.

2 hours ago, oowee said:

Ah that explains it. The more the demand or should that be supply (🤣) projected the greater the project makes sense. Surprised its only 80m. 

I have my own digester but it's designed for 10 just in case 🤣

Some people are so full of ****

1 hour ago, Rewulf said:

Nooooo you just called them illegal immigrants! 

Youve 'dehumanised them 😂

Sorry , couldn't help it.

Lol. Didn’t realise there was so much literature on it but having just read a bit it looks like the derogatory adoption of the illegals and aliens phrases was popularised by MAGA.

I don’t know what comes after populism but I wish it would get a wiggle on.

3 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Didn’t realise there was so much literature on it but having just read a bit it looks like the derogatory adoption of the illegals and aliens phrases was popularised by MAGA

Who knew ! Those pesky MAGAs making up phrases like that ?

I didn't realise MAGAism started in the 80s, that lead to songs like Illegal alien by Genesis (1983) , or Stings Englishman in new York (1988) popularised such terms 🤔 

Did they have uncontrolled mass immigration back then ?

The earliest known use of the noun illegal alien is in the 1890s.

OED's earliest evidence for illegal alien is from 1895, in San Antonio (Texas) Daily Light.

illegal alien is formed within English, by compounding.

Etymons: illegal adj., alien n.

2 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

I didn't realise MAGAism started in the 80s, that lead to songs like Illegal alien by Genesis (1983) , or Stings Englishman in new York (1988) popularised such terms 🤔 

Yeah but I understand that Blair is responsible for all of it, everywhere 😂

36 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Nah, he just wanted to secure future votes for labour, support wars in the ME to make sure we had an endless stream of migrants...

It worked.

7 hours ago, Rewulf said:

The earliest known use of the noun illegal alien is in the 1890s.

OED's earliest evidence for illegal alien is from 1895, in San Antonio (Texas) Daily Light.

illegal alien is formed within English, by compounding.

Etymons: illegal adj., alien n.

isnt it "legal alien"...?🎵

14 hours ago, Raja Clavata said:

Because it’s convenient to the elite for the majority of us plebs to be fixated / hysterical on one topic. If the illegal immigration issue gets fixed there’ll be another hot potato along to replace it soon afterwards.

Part of the issue is that whilst these things can be fixed, people generally aren’t prepared to suffer any personal detriment as a consequence of achieving said resolution. Hence resistance to a big brother state, ID cards, going cashless etc.

I’m not discounting the 6M, just requested a reference, source, justification or rationale.

What I stated as ridiculous was the implication that it costs us circa 10% of our GDP. 

Agreed on the tactic of panic that they can induce but fail to see how proper common  sense rules fairly applied impact the lives of ones living within the rules?

10 hours ago, Raja Clavata said:

Still waiting for his court appearances?

3 hours ago, old man said:

Agreed on the tactic of panic that they can induce but fail to see how proper common  sense rules fairly applied impact the lives of ones living within the rules?

Still waiting for his court appearances?

I agree that it shouldn’t but as an example “everybody loves a bit of cash in hand” - cashless society would stop that. Just an example. People want change but with no impact on them personally. Normal human selfish behaviour, which we all exhibit.

Ultimately it boils down to priorities.

I can’t help reflecting on one of the famous Orwell quotes “football, beer, and above all gambling filled up the horizon of their minds. To keep them in control was not difficult”.

Perhaps 40 years on it should be updated to include illegal immigration in the list of distractions…

38 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

I can’t help reflecting on one of the famous Orwell quotes “football, beer, and above all gambling filled up the horizon of their minds. To keep them in control was not difficult”.

Perhaps 40 years on it should be updated to include illegal immigration in the list of distractions

Its not a distraction like football and beer, its a fear of others taking your football and beer away.
The fear of the 'invader' , the nameless, faceless man thousands of miles away who would kill you and your family if only he got the chance...

“It is this fear of a supposedly dangerous mob that makes nearly all intelligent people conservative in their opinions.”  George Orwell, Down and Out in Paris and London

Is the mob imagined or real though ?
Is the enemy created, or potentially coming for you and yours ?

7 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Its not a distraction like football and beer, its a fear of others taking your football and beer away.
The fear of the 'invader' , the nameless, faceless man thousands of miles away who would kill you and your family if only he got the chance...

“It is this fear of a supposedly dangerous mob that makes nearly all intelligent people conservative in their opinions.”  George Orwell, Down and Out in Paris and London

Is the mob imagined or real though ?
Is the enemy created, or potentially coming for you and yours ?

I think fear vs. distraction is a matter of different perspectives.

The invader you refer to sounds like Putin to me.

Let’s face it, I’m here therefore the mob doesn’t concern me 😂

Some enemy are created to divide, some to distract and some just wait in the wings waiting to pounce.

Anyway, perhaps we digress.

On 10/07/2024 at 15:59, Raja Clavata said:

So you just wildly guessed at 6M or not?

Let’s boil it down and keep it simple for the hard of thinking. For arguments sake, assume it’s all Blair’s fault and there were roughly none until he exited office in 2007. In order for there to be 6M today that equates to ~1000 people per day every day since July 2007. Is that roughly what you are suggesting!?

I’ll take your belief that you harbour no prejudice at face value but I don’t recall a response to my questioning your bias on the subject it few days ago…

6 million is not a guess. It is a fact that at least this number of illegals are here mainly from fake university and college education, most of these universities are in a cupboard in a college area but the *students* disappear within the first months into the yawning hole of AWOL ghosts, some are found working as uber drivers or in takeaway properties. They will get caught but not deported so are illegals. I think I  am well aware of the mess that my once beautiful country is in and unfortunately  it is being made worse by folks like you and your ignorant ideals.

She actually does know best. Some people who claim the problem is smaller than it really is, pick a date out of thin air - 2007 in one case - as if that justifies what they are saying. Clueless.

There were millions here before that date and it has increased substantially. 

I note that there appears to be no answer to the number of active National Insurance numbers, compared to the population. Perhaps someone might want to evade another poser. No surprise there.

On 10/07/2024 at 17:43, Gordon R said:

I stated the facts as I know them. You call them ridiculous without any facts to refute them. 

I see little point in discussing anything with you. I don't find it interesting and find you rather limited and selective.

Feel free to have the last word - I'm sure your ego would demand it.

Hmm, didn’t age well that did it or were you just trying to have the last last word.

For the record, I’ll accept a number you provide evidence for. As I said previously if the evidence is 12M I’ll accept it. Fill yer boots but forgive me for not holding my breath in the meantime.

58 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

Clueless.

Clueless, with only the ability to understand what will be best for them, with a total lack of empathy  for our country. Unfortunately the world we live in today is a greedy me,me,me world.

From Auntie.

4 hours ago, 100milesaway said:

Clueless, with only the ability to understand what will be best for them, with a total lack of empathy  for our country. Unfortunately the world we live in today is a greedy me,me,me world.

From Auntie.

OK, I’ll admit you’ve now lost me, I’m sure you didn’t intend this to sound like a racist slur so please explain yourself.

I don’t think anyone is doubting there is a huge illegal immigration problem but please explain whom the them/they are that benefits from it?

I couldn’t care a less about the clueless insults but can you please elaborate on the total lack of empathy for the country. I’ll readily concede that I lack empathy for certain types of people, like those who voted for Brexit believing it would fix illegal immigration or more recently voting for reform and thereby strengthening the majority of a government that are not friends of our sports and past times. But I fail to see how this equates to a lack of empathy for our country.

8 hours ago, 100milesaway said:

From Auntie.

Lost ne too. 

Auntie posted a clear comment, which a couple of people don't understand. It seemed clear enough to me, but then someone tries to bring racism into the equation. 

Racism, the last card of a bankrupt argument.

3 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

Auntie posted a clear comment, which a couple of people don't understand. It seemed clear enough to me, but then someone tries to bring racism into the equation. 

Racism, the last card of a bankrupt argument.

Now I know data and basic science aren’t your strong point but assuming Auntie is clear what she meant and that yours and her understanding is consistent we have 50/50 understanding.

Without you, her or a fifth poster interjecting we have no way forward.

Racism, isn’t the last card, insults are. Something you’re very good at dishing out but no so good at receiving.

Pathetic and truly beneath contempt.

7 hours ago, Raja Clavata said:

OK, I’ll admit you’ve now lost me, I’m sure you didn’t intend this to sound like a racist slur so please explain yourself.

I don’t think anyone is doubting there is a huge illegal immigration problem but please explain whom the them/they are that benefits from it?

I couldn’t care a less about the clueless insults but can you please elaborate on the total lack of empathy for the country. I’ll readily concede that I lack empathy for certain types of people, like those who voted for Brexit believing it would fix illegal immigration or more recently voting for reform and thereby strengthening the majority of a government that are not friends of our sports and past times. But I fail to see how this equates to a lack of

empathy for our country.

Maybe you should consider your racist remarks before you try to label me with that badge. Our country is full and yet more folks irrespective of race or colour are still trying to get a slice of the ever dwindling resources.  

I am proud to have voted for brexit and proud to have voted for the reform party.

I would dearly love to help impoverished people all over the world but my belief is to help them in their own countries.

It is obvious to me that before this can happen we need to be in a strong country which encourages self help and not handouts to all and sundry.

I am very fearful of our countries future with an army of near do wells arriving on a daily basis irrespective  of race or colour.

I also believe the boats arrivals are just scratching the surface of the true figure arriving legitimately and disappearing into our soft underbelly.

As a country that has enough of its own parasites we truly do not need more.

From Auntie.