Blanked off gas pipe.

Looks a bit low for a picture. 

Chase into the wall and bury the pipe (blanked off of course)If its coming from under the floor i would chase out to under skirting. And check for cables, which should ??? be directly in line with the socket. 

6 minutes ago, Dougy said:

Looks a bit low for a picture. 

Chase into the wall and bury the pipe (blanked off of course)If its coming from under the floor i would chase out to under skirting. And check for cables, which should be directly in line with the socket. 

It would be better to do that to be honest and might have to do it if no one else come up with a blank white plastic box or something 🤔 thanks by the way 🙏 

11 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, Do you know what pipe work is behind the studding, Is it live and blanked ?? or a redundant pipe ??

20 minutes ago, enfieldspares said:

I'd first check if the pipe was still live an connected? I have gas pipe "ends" on the chimney breast above my fireplace. From when the house had gas lighting. They have been redundant and disconnected for decades. 

Only thing is, if its "live" then it will need a gas safe man to do anything with it, I think 🤔

so cover or bury 🤔 

Depending where it is if that’s a door then it looks an ideal place to pop a side table and lamp. Should cover it perfectly. 

failing that if it’s a stud wall just cut around it and push it back in the wall and plaster patch the hole. 

Hello, To be honest it might be safer to see if British Gas would check out if it is still live, that may mean taking out a chunk of plaster board and see where the pipe runs from, Did it feed an old gas fire ? You just cannot be to careful with gas, If you do find it is a dead pipe and want to leave alone then you could carefully fix some batterns to the wall and plaster board over but the electric socket would need setting flush, this should then hide the pipe cap 

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

14 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Absolutely ******* BRILLIANT, that just made my morning.   

Couldn't resist it TBH 🤭😆🤣 Had just finished a large shot of Aberlour 12 year old, and it just came to me,,,, a bit rough, but hopefully 'Arry gets the idea 👍😆😂