My cats on its last legs

dazzyboi

Usually pets deaths i can handle, as they are pets, pets die, but this particular pet is one thats been with me basically my whole life, and im 23, the cat is 21 years old. He's been through so much with out family, including being relocated about 6 times when we moved about. I remember when we first moved house, we tried to keep him in the first night just incase he got lost, he ran off,he didnt know where the hell he was, none of us thought he was coming back, next morning got up and he was sat on the doorstep waiting for food :good:

He doesnt look like an old old cat, he has lost alot of weight tho, he is stumbling around, not eating and only drinking water.

Least he had a good life, 21 years is bloody good for a cat

Don't let him suffer, we have lost a couple to "old age" and they fade very fast.

Not eating and only drinking water is not a good sign.

Although they are their own masters, you really miss them when they are gone. :good:

He has been ok until the past day or so, i mean you could tell he was getting there,but the last day its just getting there, were not going to let him suffer if gets any worse.

We had two cats the same age, one was a sickly ****** (the wife's cat), the other really lively (my cat). The lively one died of extensive abdominal cancer at 10. I reckon due to his liking for warming his tum on anything radio wave emitting. I was absolutely gutted and had to take time off work as I was so upset.

We then moved out of town to the country and the other got a new lease of life and lasted for two more years. When he was on his last legs he would only drink, his kidneys had packed up. We had to take him to the vet and let him go. We were sad but he'd had a good innings for a sickly pedigree cat and he got to spend his last two years in a nice place.

It's very sad when they get to the end but you can't let them hang on if they're suffering. I really feel for you mate.

sorry to here that m8 my cat just dissapeared when he was 16 was told that when there ready they will find somewhere to dye and curl up and go peacefully

Dont believe in that I think they disappear cause they get poisened either by eating poisened rats/mice or sprayed pesticide.

its hard loosing them and you have my deepest of sympathy

we lost one a couple of years ago and we was gutted we now have

got a tom weve had for 18 months now and just couldnt be without

the chap . personally i think theres a couple of insenseitive *****

who have just posted on here and dont think they had any write to

say what they did noing full well you would be having a hard time.

paddy.

Can i just say that im not trying to be a **** with my earlier comment if that was aimed at me, but many people try to keep their animals/pets alive longer than they should for there own benefit and not that of the animal. There comes a stage weather it be person or animal that it is cruel to keep them alive so that you can still see them everyday.

This will open a big tin of worms but once your quality of life has gone is it relly fair to make them carry on. Can i just say before you start slagging me off that i too have a dog, and would hate to lose him.

Ive also lost many friends on operations and have seen lots badly injured with some having a new **** quality of life. Dont get me wrong "Take your money take your chance" and all that but if i ever get shot or blown up i hope its a head shot or im sat on the bomb when it goes off as i dont want to be in pain and a vegitable.

As for the comment about nine lives, I have a ten round mag!!!

Can i just say that im not trying to be a **** with my earlier comment if that was aimed at me, but many people try to keep their animals/pets alive longer than they should for there own benefit and not that of the animal. There comes a stage weather it be person or animal that it is cruel to keep them alive so that you can still see them everyday.

This will open a big tin of worms but once your quality of life has gone is it relly fair to make them carry on. Can i just say before you start slagging me off that i too have a dog, and would hate to lose him.

Ive also lost many friends on operations and have seen lots badly injured with some having a new **** quality of life. Dont get me wrong "Take your money take your chance" and all that but if i ever get shot or blown up i hope its a head shot or im sat on the bomb when it goes off as i dont want to be in pain and a vegitable.

i fully take on board what your saying dude about putting things

out there misery and its well justified if the animal is suffering

but it was how you said mate and should never have done so

folk have been told many a time before that this is a public forum

and can be veiwed by anybody which on the whole dosent make

us look good as a shooting community which that is what were

trying to do.plus there is folk on here who obviously like cats

and dogs and could easily get offended either way .

paddy.

I have just cleaned this thread, and NOW AS AN OFFICIAL NOTICE the next unsympathetic **** that decides to belittle the death of a pet or ridicule a member coming to terms with that death will recieve a two month suspention from PW.

NTTF

Dazzyboi,

I am sorry for your loss, it is always hard loosing a pet you love.

Dan

Nonone wants to prolong a pets suffering whether it be a cat or a dog. But we want to give them as long a possible to see if they can turn the corner. When the time comes, both you and the vet will know when it is time. I had a faithful lurcher put down last October on the sofa where he spent all day sleeping anyway. Choked? You better beleive it, with plenty of tears as well. Then my mum's german shephard was put down at the vets a few years back now, not nice at all. Especially when she had to pay the bill straight after!! I lost it and went and sobbed in the car park.

Never a nice experiene and i'm sure you'll get through it and everone (most) on here knows what you're going through.

All the best.

Guest The Outlaw

As I have posted before I cried like a baby when I had to have my springer Sian put down.

I have been watching this thread not knowing what to say now I think I have it.

Do what you need to do, when you and the vet thinks is right for your pet.

My sympathies are with you mate.

Tony

Total ****

JDF

Thanks for your personnel opinion, Im glad you know me well enough to make comments like that. After trying to explain to people where i was coming from after my initial (bad taste comment) i was trying to lighten the situation with a silly comment after the one that a fellow member had said about cats and nine lives.

As much as this is an open forum and i have my views, i would never aim such a personal comment at a specific person without knowing them. ie..total ****!!!