Dont think Henry likes me - awwww poor man

tulkyuk

sounds a little harsh but rules are laid to abide by if you break the rules and get your wrist tickled accept it we have all been there at some point in time and no doubt will return again.we should be acting like grown men and not bl--dy school kids.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey big Tony, dont drag me into it I posted a thread yesterday, and had two Mods reply saying I should not blame the Ministry of Defence for what happened? ?AS I HAD NOT MENTIONED THE MOD I concluded they are just getting on my case to make me kick off again so they can get their revenge and ban me again.Aah, I forgot ",Power rules ,absolute power rules absolutely" :good::lol::D

Another classic case of berettaman1 not bothering to read the written word, much preferring to whine and complain when he hasn't even been bitten.

Go back and read the whole thread carefully.

You said;

"apparently this is a rule imposed by the airport looneys in charge!

I replied:

"The decision was made by the MoD, not Birmingham Airport management.

By all means criticise the MoD for such stupidity, but lets keep it fair."

You then said;

"I did not critisize the MOD I repeated that it said it was was Airport policy,"

henry d posted;

"The MoD eventually confirmed it has a ban on troops wearing uniform in civilian airports, claiming it was because a small number of airlines ban all uniforms on flights for security reasons."

No Moderators accused you of blaming the MoD, do try to get the facts right just for once.

Hey big Tony, dont drag me into it I posted a thread yesterday, and had two Mods reply saying I should not blame the Ministry of Defence for what happened? ?AS I HAD NOT MENTIONED THE MOD I concluded they are just getting on my case to make me kick off again so they can get their revenge and ban me again.Aah, I forgot ",Power rules ,absolute power rules absolutely" :good::lol::D

Another classic case of berettaman1 not bothering to read the written word, much preferring to whine and complain when he hasn't even been bitten.

Go back and read the whole thread carefully.

You said;

"apparently this is a rule imposed by the airport looneys in charge!

I replied:

"The decision was made by the MoD, not Birmingham Airport management.

By all means criticise the MoD for such stupidity, but lets keep it fair."

You then said;

"I did not critisize the MOD I repeated that it said it was was Airport policy,"

henry d posted;

"The MoD eventually confirmed it has a ban on troops wearing uniform in civilian airports, claiming it was because a small number of airlines ban all uniforms on flights for security reasons."

No Moderators accused you of blaming the MoD, do try to get the facts right just for once.

Ha Ha Ha, I whine about you, now you keep whining about me!! :good::lol::lol: It is a Banter site isnt it? :lol::lol:

I seemed to go through a period of bother with the mentioned mod, and at the time felt pretty annoyed because my rule adjustments were pretty minor. I got the feeling he didn't like me. Once I settled in a little more I found that there were also regular offers of help coming in from him on reloading, choosing a Deer calibre, components for other hobbies, and several more I can't remember off the top of my head. My current thinking on the situation is that if you even bend the rules he'll be the first to bite you, but then that's his job. When you're being a good boy he's a top bloke :good:

Henry d is a nice bloke, and so are the other mods ive met. there just doing there job, nothing more, nothing less. and if u purposely wind them up, dont get ****** off when they bite, and u get punished. there trying to run this site, and please as many people as possible, and still enjoy it themselves.

cheers

flash

regardless of ( he is good bloke or not) the crux of this thread, and if you can be bothered to have a look at the likes of airgun bbs,is the attitude of one or two of the mods on this site is becoming , shall we say a little over zealous,and like it or not it is detracting favour from this site,now rather than getting defensive, can the mods ( one in particular) stand back and have a look honestly at themselves, and take a little critisisum on the chin, rather than coil up ready to press the censored button at the first oppertunity, as a little example this is a post I came across today! oh and I have posted a link FOR YOUR benefit, so will you read it or delete it?

cheers KW

http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=246418

From somone new looking in and trying to find a home with the site, it seems that the site

is made up of groups of people some of who know each other. For the most part the people

who post are full of good advice and can call on vast experience. There are though on occasions

posters who seem to post just to raise points or to prove a point.

From my point of view and it is only my opinion the site seems to have a few people here who

enjoy posting only to cause trouble.

Some views expressed from a few posters are almost racist in there content and others are very much

anti establisment.

Again in my humble opinion and as a outsider looking in I wounder somtimes if it is safe to give weapons

to people who seem to hold these very extreem views.

Just my opinion but just remember new members need to be welcomed to the site but if they see argument

and extreem opinions expressed then they may well be put off.

If that is the type of site you want then, well thats the type of site you will get.

taz

regardless of ( he is good bloke or not) the crux of this thread, and if you can be bothered to have a look at the likes of airgun bbs,is the attitude of one or two of the mods on this site is becoming , shall we say a little over zealous,and like it or not it is detracting favour from this site,now rather than getting defensive, can the mods ( one in particular) stand back and have a look honestly at themselves, and take a little critisisum on the chin, rather than coil up ready to press the censored button at the first oppertunity, as a little example this is a post I came across today! oh and I have posted a link FOR YOUR benefit, so will you read it or delete it?

cheers KW

Dont get me started, this forum (sorry to say) is over MOD'ed, if you do or say the slightest thing that the mod(s) dont like you get a snotty PM. Which to be honest is a bit ironic seen as they say we should be more polite when in fact its called BANTER hence the "General Banter" section!

cheers KW

It was only a few weeks ago that there was a thread on here moaning about the tough Moderators on airgun bbs and how many PW posters had been banned from that site. :good:

Don't get me started, this forum (sorry to say) is over MOD'ed, if you do or say the slightest thing that the mod(s) dont like you get a snotty PM. Which to be honest is a bit ironic seen as they say we should be more polite when in fact its called BANTER hence the "General Banter" section!

Its not a question of what Moderators like or not, its simply a question of the Rules (which you agree to abide by when you join the Forum).

If swearing, obscene, racist, insulting etc., posts were permitted, you would not hear from the Mods on those subjects.

However, they are not permitted.

Pigeon Watch isn't going to dilute the House Rules and no amount of moaning will change that.

hardly a week after christmas,and everyone at each others throats. cmon men,get some shooting done,get the stories on here,and stop bickering about silly things,if you have a row,well take it like a man or leave the site. rules are rules like them or not,dummies been thrown at all angles just gonna make it worse for everyone .happy new year an all that. :lol:

and just for the record ,i love ya all :good::D

hardly a week after christmas,and everyone at each others throats. cmon men,get some shooting done,get the stories on here,and stop bickering about silly things,if you have a row,well take it like a man or leave the site. rules are rules like them or not,dummies been thrown at all angles just gonna make it worse for everyone .happy new year an all that. :D

and just for the record ,i love ya all :lol::good:

Strange isn't it, cant really think why :good:

Its the only forum I can guarantee there will be some sort of conflict at least once a day, exciting anyway.

Its not a question of what Moderators like or not, its simply a question of the Rules (which you agree to abide by when you join the Forum).

If swearing, obscene, racist, insulting etc., posts were permitted, you would not hear from the Mods on those subjects.

However, they are not permitted.

Pigeon Watch isn't going to dilute the House Rules and no amount of moaning will change that

c'mon cranfield we are not talking about swearing racism etc, we are talking about the simple fact that other people's opinions are no longer counted now on this forum, we get "the rules" shoved down our throats, by over zealous mods ( one in particular) who seems to have alienated himself from half the lads here,

There is very little common sense used these days, paul used to take personalities and opinions on board,and turn what could be an arguement into a laugh, nowadays if you dont toe the party line you seemingly get a PM or a ban.ie the urge to press the power button cannot be overcome!

look at sutty, kirky and others banned, older longterm posters no longer contributing why?do you know? more to the point do you CARE? all I ask is that you look at both sides, stop quoting the sodding rules and lets get this forum back on track, lets have some banter like there used to be , some interplay and sharing of personal experiences, and a LOT less of the daft kid questions like can I shoot a rouge elephant wiv me airgun, ( to which he will get numerous replies saying) " I have seen it done"

cheers KW

<<yawns>>

Deja vu.

All been done and said before.

BobJS must be a good bloke because he does a lot of good work. However, we all know he loves a toys out of the pram moment.

Airgun BBS - we have all had a ban off there for some minor infringement of their very strict rules. This site is a lot more forgiving.

The problem is, we are all opininated and fiesty and no one likes being told what to do - that's the bottom line. Problem is, this is a free run site and there are rules.

I don't see what the bitching is about.

The normal course does appear to be however to single out one particular mod and give him a bashing - a bit of divide and conquer. It doesn't work so don't bother.

The one point that I have taken out of today is that I have been reminded how much I miss StuartP's postings since he became a mod. Could I ask that you all pick on him and force him to quit his moderators job so he can rejoin the banter.

EDIT:

Now I am off to flash my bits at NTTF in a chatroom and get this thread closed.

Wokka wokka - couldn't resist that one.... :good:

The one point that I have taken out of today is that I have been reminded how much I miss StuartP's postings since he became a mod. Could I ask that you all pick on him and force him to quit his moderators job so he can rejoin the banter.

Trust me, when I sit here in my own time reading pages and pages of this toilet, nothing is more tempting :good:

I emailed a photo of my breasts and yet I note that this thread has not been closed.

Due to it's size, it may have exceeded the forum attachment size limit, something I doubt the next threatened picture will do :D

:good: post of the day :lol:

cheers KW

Crikey the people on that link sounded more like antis than shooters. I am well aware that the BBS is mainly a target shooting site and that images of quarry are banned but the way that the Sporting Pictures section on this site was referred to as 'there seems to be an attitude that numbers of birds shot is more important than anything else with photos of blokes kneeling like great white hunters in front of the slain bag.' you could be forgiven for thinking that we are a bunch of mass murderers on here and that a pest specie can only be taken in small numbers. :good:

Terry D has closed that topic now anyway.

All this should just make people appreciate what we actually have on Pigeon Watch. There would be outcry if our picture section was removed or other parts of the site yet many people are quite happy to bash this site and go running to a different site to have a moan. The mods do a hard job and if it isn't to your liking then there are plenty of other sites out there. Personally I only regularly frequent this site and another one which is a bit smaller. This post wasn't aimed at anybody in particular. Keep up the good work mods. :lol:

FM :D

Well said FM. :lol:

Come on lads lets have a big group HUG, Deep breath, pick up the teddies and get on with posting something worth reading :D

I can not beleive I have just sat and read all 4 pages of that rubbish. maybe I / We need to get out more ROLL ON SUMMER TIME.

Kipper :good:

:good:

Well said FM. :D

Come on lads lets have a big group HUG, Deep breath, pick up the teddies and get on with posting something worth reading :good:

I can not beleive I have just sat and read all 4 pages of that rubbish. maybe I / We need to get out more ROLL ON SUMMER TIME.

Kipper :lol: