*** FEBRUARY 2008 PHOTOGRAPHY COMPETITION ***

Axe

The theme for this month is...... "On the Water"

Competition Rules

1 You as a member of the forum or a family member must have taken the photo.

2 The photograph must not have been manipulated in any way or enhanced.

3 When posting pictures please include the following information on the pic location date and who took it etc.

4 One photo per member per month.

5 The winner will be decided by members using a poll at the end of the month.

THIS THREAD IS FOR THE PICTURES ONLY,

PLEASE DO NOT POST COMMENTS ABOUT OTHER MEMBERS PICTURES HERE

A very cold winters day just outside of Holmfirth. This run off shaft was pretty eery. Made some weird noises from inside it's depths. Would have loved to have been able to walk round the outer perimeter of it and look down it properly.

EDIT - Does this actually count as being 'on the water' or not? The item I was shooting is on/in the water...

post-8486-1202259449.jpg

Edited by mr lee

This was in india, the guys were fisherman and they would go out through some pretty tough waves, once they out one hundred metres they were ok- but the first bit was truly vicious. They'd bring their haul onto the beach where their wives would sort out the fish for market. For all the work they put in the amount of fish they would bring back was small, but perhaps when I saw them fishing it was at a low point of the season. It suddenly puts a tough afternoon on the riverbank or lough into perspective!

fishingwave.jpg

We have a Firework competition here in my home town every September, runs from Friday evening to Sunday evening and the winner is announced on the Sunday evening.

Anyway the display is held over the water so I thought I would post one of my favorites :good:

1-7.jpg

My favourite picture taken on safari in South Africa in December 2007 by yours truly.

Called 'Playful', this image has been cropped down, but NOT edited in any other way.

Not exactly a ;country sports or pastime style picture, but hey, it's on the water!

Stu

post-8917-1202852935.jpg