mossie bites

kdubya

anyone got any GOOD remedies for mossie bites? never been touched by the things before but for some reason they found me overly tempting? and now despite wearing a net suit Im covered in the **** and they are DRIVING ME MAD

cheers Keith

Hey guys I know I can sometimes take the p*** but this is serious Up here in Scotland I know about mossies and the midges but the only thing I have found to work (and all my fisherman mates use it ) is Avon skin so soft hand cream it has to be the pink tube and it really does work. Only piece of advice I would have is to make sure you put it on before you leave the house or your other half will start asking if you eally were fishing / shooting cause it is so perfumy.....

Well worth a try though.....

Foxsy :*)

If you have been bitten, I've always used a little pen jobby called 'After bite'. It stings like ******* when you put it on but it takes the itching away instantly. It's also fairly cheap.

Natural mosquito repellents work a treat too, like lavender oil, citronella (from lemon grass), thyme, and eucalyptus oils. But you will smell like a right fairy, even worse than skin so Soft! :lol:

kdubya,

Thanks for bringing this subject up as I have suffered with the bites from these ******* for years. In fact I could be the original Mozzie magnet..............Mozzie magnet :):):P . ( Can I patent this ?)

The first trick I found is to get well covered up, even though it may be sweltering. I will do anything to avoid their bites. On one hill farm in Cumbria I shoot on, I use a mozzie headnet, they are so prevelant there ( near to bloody water...they love that ), as I was once bitten about 30 times on the face there and never again.

If your are unfortunate to take a few bites and want to stop the itching that follows them, I use Piriteze allergy tablets. One tablet really does stop the itching for the whole day.

If you get one or two bites only, a useful remedy is a kit called Aspivenin, available from Boots I think. It is like a hypodermic syringe, but bigger, without the needle. It has four different sized cups, one of which you put over the bite ( depending on the size of the bite) and then the hypo bit sucks the skin up. You leave it on for 3 minutes and it somehow seems to take the badness out of the bite. It certainly does stop the itchiness afterwards.

While we are talking about mozzie repellents......I sometimes use concoctions with Deet in them.....I have heard this stuff is a bit iffy is you overuse it.....anyone got any comments about it please ??

BTW....I've never tried this hand cream remedy...... sounds good to me :D Thanks

I lived in a Alaska for a while and the only thing worth while was 100% DEET. Its a bit rough on the skin and disolved the plastic on my waterproof walkman (making it just a walkman).

I have used the Avon cream and it seems to work the trick also.

Cakie