Altered number plates

Fleabag

Is it just Leicester constabulary who don't give a monkey about the huge amount of car number plates altered with black tape, letters changed to make some foreign persons name. or just squashed up like this N4ER P. normally noticed because they also drive every where with fog lights on. I had a bad day with the camera and took 65 pictures with altered plates in one area of Leicester alone. I may be ranting but I cant see the point of having laws if they are not enforced, what if one of these cars left the scene of an accident and you tried quickly to get the number,

Lad near me had a big Mercedes. B 1 MBO. His girlfriend use to drive round with BIMBO. I assume she was stupid.

I saw one in Manchester in Italics. I was parked behind it and could not tell what is was meant to read.

I don't understand why they don't just have a sign on the car, saying that some pretentious idiot is driving. We all know that - do they?

I got pulled on the M40, several years ago now, I was on my Motorbike, wasn't speeding, was struggling with to do 60mph, it was P*****g down, I was on a GSXR 600, capable of alot faster.

Anyway, the police pulled up behind me, stuck the lights on and over I went to the Hard Shoulder, they told me that I was effectivly riding a motor vehicle with no number plate. It was small, only 6"x4" and it was T5 TUM, but I had it spaced

. T

5TU M

I didn't get P****d at them, they were only doing their job, I got a fixed £20 or £30 can't remember that was it ant told to get it sorted, if I caught again I could lose the Number Plate.

TJ

Edited by tartinjock

It states on the DVLA site that number plates should not be purchased to be altered, if you flick through the small print it actually states they an recall the number and charge you for the re issue of another 'normal plate'

One of the worst fot it are aston villa all there plates are V11LA _ then the players initial but at least you can read it and get the general idea.

Or how about the lad who had J1 HAD all joined together and wondered why every time he went out he was stopped sometimes 4 times whilst driving through london.. he tried to say the met were racist....

I have seen people add the little yellow black or white scre head covers to distort the letter to make it appear differnt from a distance

Another one at the moment seems to be Black Plates.. only Diplomatic cars and those registered before 1972 can have these

But the people who have these seem to forget if they are pulled they have to present the car a a VOSA testing station to have the producer signed to say the plates have been swapped to authorised ones (a fee is payable) then produce the car docs and insurance. Also as they have been stopped for a moving traffic offence they are liable to a breathtest and a car inspection.

Usually though if you see a knobber driver they usually have a private plate..strange that?? (how often do you overtake a car with a private plate??)

Just not worth it as if its a slow shift and the traffic copper is a bit bored........

Fleabag,I see from your profile that you are 48,you sound like someone in their sixties or seventys,what harm are these young people doing with their altered plates?.If you speak to them they are very proud of their cars and like all youth want to make their own statement.Did all of you go around with short back and sides thirty years ago like your fathers?did you all wear suites and ties?.This law crazy and politically correct regeme under which we are forced to live needs to lighten up a bit.Leave these young people alone and you will gain their respect much more than harrishing them over trivia like this.Youth cannot be trained with this big LAW stick,this will drive a bigger wedge between them and us.Yes us,I am unfortunatly no longer a young man but have worked with youth for many years and can state that from my experience these children are 99.9% law abiding.It is enforcing stupid laws such as this that has turned a vast majority of young people against authority.In the final analysis a lot of these laws are only passed to increase the revenue for the police.The present government as you should know will use any excuse to to relieve us of our money.Rant Over.

Fleabag, i agree with you 100% - including the driving with fog lights on when it aint foggy - that really gets my goat. Especially when they only have their side lights on with the fogs is my biggest pet hate :rolleyes: . I also notice that it is our overseas majority, i mean minority that seem to have these private plates - mercs and bmw's are very prone! i think it must be some kind of status symbol even though they probably live in a s*ite hole down melton road! they are not necessarily that young either.

Give em all an on the spot fine i say and get them to put them right. come on leicetershire police get your act together and get to work on this

Way to go lads....Flog em all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :good::yes::lol:

Don't mind personal plates I have had them myself, I am on about persons in general, not teenagers who take the standard number plate put electrical tape on a letter to change its appearance from its original state for one reason only, to avoid capture on camera or evade detection from an incident. yes vehicle recognition cameras will pick these up, but some one taking the plate in say a hit and run will not. As it happens I cant even say I have seen a teenager with doctored plates, they (at least the ones we come across in our profession) normally have cars that they dump and burn after a burglary. so there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :oops::yes::lol:

Is it just Leicester constabulary who don't give a monkey about the huge amount of car number plates altered with black tape, letters changed to make some foreign persons name. or just squashed up like this N4ER P. normally noticed because they also drive every where with fog lights on. I had a bad day with the camera and took 65 pictures with altered plates in one area of Leicester alone. I may be ranting but I cant see the point of having laws if they are not enforced, what if one of these cars left the scene of an accident and you tried quickly to get the number,

Pat 1

Am I missing something, where does it mention the younger generation in this post. and the days of respect went a long time ago fella, you earn that.

It states on the DVLA site that number plates should not be purchased to be altered, if you flick through the small print it actually states they an recall the number and charge you for the re issue of another 'normal plate'

One of the worst fot it are aston villa all there plates are V11LA _ then the players initial but at least you can read it and get the general idea.

Or how about the lad who had J1 HAD all joined together and wondered why every time he went out he was stopped sometimes 4 times whilst driving through london.. he tried to say the met were racist....

I have seen people add the little yellow black or white scre head covers to distort the letter to make it appear differnt from a distance

Another one at the moment seems to be Black Plates.. only Diplomatic cars and those registered before 1972 can have these

But the people who have these seem to forget if they are pulled they have to present the car a a VOSA testing station to have the producer signed to say the plates have been swapped to authorised ones (a fee is payable) then produce the car docs and insurance. Also as they have been stopped for a moving traffic offence they are liable to a breathtest and a car inspection.

Usually though if you see a knobber driver they usually have a private plate..strange that?? (how often do you overtake a car with a private plate??)

Just not worth it as if its a slow shift and the traffic copper is a bit bored........

That plate was NEVER issued by DVLA

Jonno

they do seem to be allot in Leicester. makes me laugh when if the plate is supposed to spell their name they also have their name spelt out in tiny letters across the bottom of the plate, just in case you cant read it.

I was behind one of these near Manchester this morning. The number was P15 LEW, so it says Pislew :good:

When I got closer, I noticed that he had his name printed on the bottom of the plate : P Lewis :oops:

So his name is P Lewis and his reg number is Pislew. :yes::lol:

What a ****

Am I missing something, where does it mention the younger generation in this post. and the days of respect went a long time ago fella, you earn that.

Fleabag,I can see where you are comming from but do not try and indicate that these OFFENDERS are anyone other than the youth.I do not agree with the criminal element in society weither they be foreigners or not who blatently distort number plates with tape to avoid identification.We have all seen too often our protectors pulling over young lads and girls to summons them because they may have gotten a number plate made which they consider a bit COOL looking,maybe with their name in small letters at the bottom.They are regularly fined because their plates are not STANDARD.If everything must be STANDARD this would be a very boaring world.A prime example would be the correct shape for a banana.As for driving with fog lights on would this not be a good idea so other road users could see them?.(probably another law to be inforced,would bring in some more revenue to be used for our hospitals).I see another post concerning our nanny state,this thread does nothing to allay that assumption.I do not need anyone to tell me what is right and what is wrong,I have lived nearly 51 years and throughout that time I have never had to pay a fine,never been in any trouble with the police or any neighbour,as a matter of fact I have only been through a courtroom door to serve on jury duty.I still say that if society wants to prosper the AUTHORITIES need to realise that respect will never be earned with the threat of a big stick,this attitude which has crept into society will drive a further wedge between THEM AND US.

i understand what fleabag is saying with the tape across 2 number 1's to make it an N or U etc

i have seen gypsies put tape accros 0's to make them look like 8's so they can steal things from our work and the cameras cant get their proper numbers.

but

i also believe that private plates are as individual as our choice of guns and anyone who wants one should have one

im just going to the deedpoll website to change my name to YA07 BNM

Edited by shaggy