BASC membership

Just wondering how many people on here are BASC members. If you are please just leave a brief reply to indentify yourself.

I'm just curios to see how widespread BASC membership is in our online shooting community, just satisfying my own curiosity :yes:

Having been a member for years, the insurance is worth having for peace of mind alone, imo it is irresponsible to shoot without some form of insurance in place.

I also get the Custodian quarterly mag, any forum members who are actively involved in keepering should consider enroling with BASC as gamekeeper members, there are extra benefits.

:hmm: D2D

I'm a member three times over through different affiliated wildfowling clubs, although I have claimed back two membership fees this year.

They are by no means perfect but I believe they are by far the best organisation we have. I also know two people who were very very glad of the insurance.

Edited by scolopax

Been in BASC for about 4 years now, never thought i was getting anything out of them till last year when some concerned member of the public phoned the law to say someone was out shooting ( suprise suprise ).

End up with a helicopter, 10 armed responce officers, 8 locals and 4 hours in the jail.

After realising that they had over reacted and they had egg on their faces tried to charge us with wreckless discharge.

BASC Scotland were contacted and got it sorted, lo and behold there was nothing to answer to, no charges, no futher action but worst of all No apologies.

Wouldn't go out shooting without my membership now.