Quality or quantity?

tiercel

Quality or quantity?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is best?

• Quality of posts.
    • Quantity of posts.
    • Don't give a fig.

Not a lot of interest here is there?? - So it will be no more posts of my outing from me then........................ :hmm::sly::yes::yes:

So what is it you consider as QUATILTY, you doing a write up of your events/interest then 5 plus pages of "Nice write up, well done, Cor cool pics.

Wow brilliant stuff, Gee I wish I were you". Or are you put out when it dosn't make 5 plus pages? Fine if that's what you want, post it in General Shooting Matters, other wise you takes your chance in this section as it is called GENERAL BANTER,

which is down to each individuals interpretation of what is BANTER

Speaking for a minority of me, I'd like to see more members on here who regard this as a hunting community and not a talking shop where hunting and country sports are an irrelevance and something to often be mocked.

We could do with more members like that and less "posters", perhaps that should be posers.

I know I'm not alone in thinking that but I speak for myself and not them. I know I'm not the only person on here who thinks this is a once excellent site being run down by the "posters".

I'm around long enough to know there are ebbs and flows through out the year relating to hunting and country sports. This isn't one of them.

Simply put, it's less than it was.

Edited by JohnGalway

Some posts that were not pertinent to the subject have been removed.

Just because a post is made in General Banter, that does not mean it can't be a serious post and is not inviting bantering derailment.

The sub heading for General Banter is, " Talk about things other than Shooting...", which does not limit topics to "banter".

Some posts that were not pertinent to the subject have been removed.

Just because a post is made in General Banter, that does not mean it can't be a serious post and is not inviting bantering derailment.

The sub heading for General Banter is, " Talk about things other than Shooting...", which does not limit topics to "banter".

Thanks Cranners.

I think that sums up alot of posts on here lately and I for one am starting to tire of the same old 'banter' which gets added virtually every General Banter thread these days and just de-rails it.

FM :hmm:

I enjoy a jolly good bit of banter with many posts containing sarcasm, Witt and some male on male flirting!

In other parts of the forum I like posts to be short and to the point, I don't need to waste my time reading a 100 line essay that basically say's "I concur dear chum".

One thing that really wiggle my wanger though is people who have to quote massive post's for no reason, someone does a 900 word write-up on a days shoot and posts 8 pics, the first person to reply quotes it and says "looks like you had a good day, nice one :sly:" and the next 8 people to post quote the whole lot with : " :hmm: "

Don't bother lol

This topic just goes round and round in one form or another.

Why not trial two general banter sections? One for serious hunting only conversation and one for asking advice, taking the mickey, posting pictures of ladies, etc. After a month the busiest section stays and the other section stays but gets moved as a sub-section....

You can usually tell when something is worth reading or not.

The problem is when a thread starts out worth reading and then it gets derailed/hijacked with inevitable comments, you either sift through the repetative tripe hoping there may be something usefull further down, or just give up.

It would be nice if it was as easy as ignoring posts/threads that appear of no interest, but many threads start as being "interesting", but then quickly degenerate/derail.

Also, "banter" moves consistently from one thread to another and often leaves General Banter and appears in other sections.

Many people find this very annoying and the Moderators don't have enough time to read every thread and tidy things up.

This topic just goes round and round in one form or another.

Why not trial two general banter sections? One for serious hunting only conversation and one for asking advice, taking the mickey, posting pictures of ladies, etc. After a month the busiest section stays and the other section stays but gets moved as a sub-section....

We are currently looking at an option very similar to this.