Drake, second one.

Aled_cky

it was an open pond so didnt think i had to use Non-Toxic laws might be different in Wales not sure, i know at the local moorland that you have to use either Steel or Non-Toxic, thats why i jsut bought some Steel shot. and Jordan i did not buy that duck from the game dealer, it was a gift from my uncle and he gave me 20, but yes they are flying about, now theres 19 though.

Aled

How many guys actually use it? Its rubbish, bismuth is like firing plasticene at birds

:P Everybody will be using it in a couple of years time for everything including clays.

It's the "no body will find out if I use lead attitude" that is quickly going to see a complete ban on lead shot.

It has been widely reported that wildfowl will be bought from game dealers this season and checked for type of shot used and if there is no improvement on last season, a ban on lead will follow probably within months.

If that's what you shooters want then carry on breaking the law but don't start moaning in here when it comes about.

You will find that in Holland it is all non toxic from the first of Nov this year. If they are found in possession of lead - the authorities come down like a ton of bricks. It will most likely go this way for us if some continue to use lead for ducks.

Stop being selfish, buy non - toxic.

(better webber :P )

Edited by red_stag88

Millomite.

For your info, we had 8 guns out on Saturday for early duck flush off our river.

25 birds killed from 42 shots. ALL with bismuth.

They DO kill if you shoot straight.

RTR

They do pack less of a punch. I can shoot as straight as the next man but I have found that nothing quite compares with lead, but they are getting better. In my opinion it is the governments way to try and rduce the number of people shooting. People may not want to pay the higher prices for non -lead shot as it is more expensive. The government know what they are doing I'm afraid

It has been widely reported that wildfowl will be bought from game dealers this season and checked for type of shot used and if there is no improvement on last season, a ban on lead will follow probably within months.

Was talking to a game dealer(in scotland) who tells me he supplies other dealers(including England) with duck shot here and as I`m sure you`re all aware we don`t use that stuff yet. By the way aled steer clear of steel it`s $hite.

"nothing quite compares with lead"

Try Hevi Shot it's BETTER than lead.

"By the way aled steer clear of steel it`s $hite."

Steel needs to be used in the right load and choke. It needs to be

2 or 3 sizes bigger than lead and FAST. Friends of mine were

using Kent Faststeel in Canada last month loaded at 1550fps

they recon it performed every bit as good as lead, and they

use a LOT of lead.

Soon there will be no excuses!

Mark.

"nothing quite compares with lead"

Try Hevi Shot it's BETTER than lead.

"By the way aled steer clear of steel it`s $hite."

Steel needs to be used in the right load and choke. It needs to be

2 or 3 sizes bigger than lead and FAST. Friends of mine were

using Kent Faststeel in Canada last month loaded at 1550fps

they recon it performed every bit as good as lead, and they

use a LOT of lead.

Soon there will be no excuses!

Mark.

But how much more expensive is this Hevi shot?

But how much more expensive is this Hevi shot?

Millomite,

My friend home loads it in the 10g for about £1.50 per shot. You can buy 12g factory loads for about the same. He loaded 10 about 2 weeks ago and shot 7 geese on the foreshore for the 10 shells. When you hit them with Hevi Shot they stay dead! Who would complain at £15 for 7 geese. How much would you spend to watch a football game or on drink on a night out? it's not that expensive when you look at it like that. It's just folk are used to having it easy. I use lead now but will be happy to pay a few more quid for a shell that kills well when I have to.

Mark.

Doesn't Aled look like Robert from Emmerdale Farm?. So i've been told that is!

being my middle name i may-be a look-alike. on Emmerdale they never show the farm, its all about that slag thats killing her father. and with that horse being shot :P

but only started watching it in past month.

Aled

*edit* and i did not shoot over water, i shot the opposite direction, if the bb's where going to land it would be ontop of in stubble turnips but i shot at a 87* angle :P