Britons French idyll shot to pieces

Bagsy

Anyone read this in todays Times?

Whilst I sympathise if lead shot and clay comes into their garden I think there is more to this story than meets the eye - and surprise surprise they are trying to shut the clay club rather than take alternative action (such as getting them to change the direction in which they shoot etc).

I'm not a big fan of the French but I'm with them on this one, British coming in and wanting to shut an established shoot :good:

As it's open all week how on earth could they have failed to see or hear it when looking at the property before buying it?

I hope they loose the court case :D

Story here

As was mentioned in the comments, "townies". Typical of those who sell their houses in London for mega-bucks, buy a mansion in the country and complain about the smell of cow **** and cockerels crowing in the morning.

Had they approached the club in a reasonable manner, I'm sure that a compromise could have been reached, after all, us shooting people are reasonable types are we not?

As was mentioned in the comments, "townies". Typical of those who sell their houses in London for mega-bucks, buy a mansion in the country and complain about the smell of cow **** and cockerels crowing in the morning.

Had they approached the club in a reasonable manner, I'm sure that a compromise could have been reached, after all, us shooting people are reasonable types are we not?

Yes WE are but they are French :D:good:

Still no sympathies with them Its just a shame

the English don't have the backbone to tell unreasonable

people to just stuff off.

taz.

Edited by taz24

Anyone read this in todays Times?

Whilst I sympathise if lead shot and clay comes into their garden I think there is more to this story than meets the eye - and surprise surprise they are trying to shut the clay club rather than take alternative action (such as getting them to change the direction in which they shoot etc).

I'm not a big fan of the French but I'm with them on this one, British coming in and wanting to shut an established shoot :good:

As it's open all week how on earth could they have failed to see or hear it when looking at the property before buying it?

I hope they loose the court case :D

Story here

I don't know what is the most disturbing, the story or the fact that Bagsy reads the Times.

I don't know what is the most disturbing, the story or the fact that Bagsy reads the Times.

Aha, well if I'm honest I like the Sunday Telegraph over the Times but they'd run out in the wilds of Essex this morning. I do enjoy a fat newspaper on a Sunday :good:

"10 out of 10 to the French. Usual 'townies'' moving into a place and most probably knowing anyway there was a gun club club stuated there. I am clay shooter is if this had happened over here the club would have been closed more or less immediately. Club open 5 days a week? I suggest they open seven

Robert Coombes, IPSWICH, U.K

This is like people complaining about church bells and early morning cockerels - Whinging townies after a chocolate box idyll.

matt whitlock, stanford le hope, essex"

Splendid. :good:

LS

Edited by lord_seagrave

Anyone read this in todays Times?Whilst I sympathise if lead shot and clay comes into their garden I think there is more to this story than meets the eye - and surprise surprise they are trying to shut the clay club rather than take alternative action (such as getting them to change the direction in which they shoot etc).

I'm not a big fan of the French but I'm with them on this one, British coming in and wanting to shut an established shoot :D

I hope they loose the court case :good:

Story here

Bagsy I had you down as a Sport or Sun man, just shows you cant tell a book by the cover :yes:

It turns out that the Taylors are not the only ones to have been affected by the gun club. A previous owner of the house, an Englishman, died after electrocuting himself when he plugged in a fountain with wet feet. His partner blamed stress and sleepless nights caused by arguments with the gun club.

How stupid can you get.

While I do sympathise with them as I wouldn't want to live next door to a clay shoot and have my garden littered with lead and clays. Mind you it would be handy on a sunday morning.

Bagsy I had you down as a Sport or Sun man, just shows you cant tell a book by the cover :good:
Really? I had him down for Razzle or Asian Babes.

Give me some credit, having established I don't read such low market drivel as the Sport or the Sun I find your comment very distasteful :hmm:

Mayfair, Penthouse and Men only for me all the way, oh and the odd copy of Color Climax for those adrenalin filled moments :hmm:

:good: