Shotgun Licence application.

nickb

As i said in previous message, I had my visit a couple of weeks after I posted my application. The officer was a brilliant and very helpful chap who said he had no problems with me getting a certificate, and suggested (he stressed this was no condition, just a suggestion) I took a shotgun awareness course. I am booked in tomorrow, so I thought I could give him a call to let him know that so he can proccess my application (I had asked him to hang on for a while so I sort things pout first).

He could remember who I am (well, my name is not English and quite hard to learn, so I suppose this helped him remember) and he was pleased I kept him up to date with what I am doing. I asked him to proccess my application for the end of this month. this should give me two weeks to look for a nice shotgun that fits. If he is representative of how the rest of the firearms officers in Lancashire constabulary are, then I think I found myself dealing the nicest and most helpful police officers.

I now need to find myself a nice second hand gun. Still indecicive of whether I should go for an over and under or a semi automatic. I aspire to use the gun for clays, and when I am more confident, for rough shooting of rabbits and pigeons. Next year i am hoping to take on ducks and geese.

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK lads. My lad put his ticket in to West Mercia and has been pestering them on a monthly basis for its return. Finally he went to Hindlip Hall and asked someone for an explanation as to why he hadn’t received it back yet.

After a lengthy look around………they couldn’t find it. :lol:

He sent it recorded delivery and someone must have signed for it.

They have issued him with a temporary ticket whilst they sort out a new one for him.

Oh, the time waited up to yet ……………14 MONTHS. :):hmm::hmm:

G.M.

Thames Valley Police - North Bucks.

Application in, cheque cashed after two weeks, chased it up after four weeks to be told the Firearms Officer was on two weeks leave.

Rang him the day he got back, left a message, he rang me back and came to see me the next day.

A very nice guy, we spent 40 minutes chatting about dogs over tea, he then said I better do what I came here for, everything OK, spent another 40 mins chatting guns.

SGC came within two weeks.

Just under 9 weeks total.

Cheers

Michael

Called firearms dept in kent yesterday a.m., just under 2 weeks from visit from FLO (who visited 2 weeks from application).... they said has been done & is in the post. Got back from shooting lesson yesterday lunchtime...... there it was sitting on the mat!!!!!!!!!!

WEY HEY!!!!!!!!!

Thank you VERY much Kent Police. All done in under 4 weeks...... very helpful, very efficient. :rolleyes:

:yes:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...