My trip to Scotland

moses

After a very long drive and a few nerve wrecking moments at wheel we arrived at our destination west of Inverness on Friday morning.

We were straight to business and got our gear together and off we went.

Both my mates shot a hind and calf in the morning and I took a hind in the afternoon.

We had an early night and were back out on Saturday morning.

After shooting a hind in the afternoon we spotted some Feral goats way up the cliff face, we got the nod that they were fair game and got involved.

A truely great trip and I will definitley get back there next year, here's a few other pics.

These are not tame stags they come down from the high ground in the evening to graze in the paddocks.

All the best

Moses

Edited by moses

Yes, good write and some great pictures there, the stag one is an absolute beaut :yp:

How do you rate the Swazi smock? our stalker loves his and they seem to be getting more popular

The Swazi smock is a great jacket, I have a swazi smock fleece that I wear underneath when it's really cold.

It was freezing up there and very windy but, the jacket let nothing in whatsoever worth every penny in my opinion.

One thing that I did buy for the trip was merino wool thermals which proved there worth, I highly recommend them :yes:

Looks like a good trip. Adventure...it's the way to go! Mind you I still say we've bigger stags here in Suffolk/Norfolk than those in Scotland.

If anyone is interested there's a whole range of similar clothing from these people http://www.nomaduk.net and it doesn't come with the RM logo emblazened on it! :yp: I should say I have no connection with them other than as a very, very satisfied customer, it does exactly what it says on the tin!

[if anyone is interested there's a whole range of similar clothing from these people http://www.nomaduk.net and it doesn't come with the RM logo emblazened on it! :rolleyes: I should say I have no connection with them other than as a very, very satisfied customer, it does exactly what it says on the tin!

A mate of mine has the Nomad smock and he's very pleased with it but, I prefer mine any day of the week because it's a light weight anorak so when it's warm you can wear just that with a tshirt underneath and when it's freezing you can layer up with micro fleece and fleece etc...

I bought the Swazi mainly because I got a good deal on it, It was the last one in my size and cost me £175. It does not have the Ray Mears logo on it as it is not one of his. This being said if I had to replace it I would be happily spend £300.

Swazi do make the Thar smock for RM but it comes with two front pockets and the RM logo.

It's the same as anything each to their own Swazi, Nomad, Kammo, Harkila, you pays your money and takes your choice but it's all good stuff.

ATB

Moses