Look What My Guns Have Turned Into

winchester

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a nice bike! I wouldn't give my guns up for one, but if it makes you happy that's what really matters isn't it. I've had several friends tell me Harleys are a lot like Land Rovers - noisy, slow etc etc. You either love them or hate them. I love Landys, and I quite like the bike too. Not everyone wants to rush around like a fool and risk getting killed!

My point exactly, but people sem to think that because their bike/car whatever is fast, it has to be driven fast! Not so, Its the nut holding the handlebars that decides how fast it goes! My days of rushing round like a fool are long past, especially with fuel at the price it is, BUT I don't need to buy a slower car or bike to dictate how fast I drive/ride, I am perfectly capable of decicing that for myself.

This thread is just typical of a Harley rider.

Question. How do you tell a Harley ride?

Answer, you don't he'll tell you!

Just got to save up for all the rest of the "lifestyle" tat now, t shirt, shades, boots, after shave, wallet on a chain etc

Becacuse of the developements we did on Brakes suspention etc thats why you have such machines today, The harley is sidate comfy and a different way of rideing, its a cruser not a bruser, this engine is bomb proof, but you younguns wouldnt know how to ride a old style bike. Even though one of you has what looks like a british twin in the avatar

Been riding bikes for over 40 years, and my hand-built British bike certainly goes, stops & handles - it's a shame that Harleys don't, but then it is a "status cult" isn't it.

I prefer a motorbike

Dont know the story but I came on this site just as the brown sticky stuff was flying about :D

Good buy Winchester & good timing too(our winters are better than our summers for riding.)

I have looked at a harley for a while but I don't ride what I have at the mo (GSX1400)

It doesn't matter what you ride as long as you keep it shiney side up :good:

Andy

I am sorry to hear that you have had your gun licence(s) revoked. I hope that your Harley comes some way towards easing the pain of loosing your guns.:good:

I have never owned a Harley, but have three friends that do. The rubber band drive to the rear wheel is always going wrong. Getting a small flint trapped between the belt and the pulley is all it takes to split the belt. The clutches seem to go with frightening regularity also. Another problem is generally dodgy electrical "niggles".

My current bike is a Yamaha R-1, so I am not really into the whole Harley scene, but have had a couple of rides on them. What I would say is for god's sake don't forget that they have next to no lean angle before something grounds out and the brakes are abysmal.

So long as you are happy with it, that is all that matters :D

Take care,

Chris.

Guys he's not sold his guns to finance a bike.

His licence has been revoked in what looks like very unfair circumstances - so he's selling the rest of his gear to fund something else he likes doing.

I am sorry to hear that, but how was I to know that before I started on my P*** take? Apologies for any offence caused and I hope your situation gets resolved as soon as is possible

tHE REVOKE was just the end even though i proved i was driveing a lorry on all the days in question but the TRUTH dont matter in firearms law so please i say this to every one on here dont speek to anyone while your out shooting if you see some one unload and clear off , HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL and GOD BLESS

OK, W, you've got the sympathy vote - terrible shame about the guns

Terrible shame about the bike too (with it not handling, stopping or going) :rolleyes:

Happy New Year

Edited by amateur

Not quite sure why a bloke needs to justify buying a bike for himself to strangers on the internet :rolleyes:

Hope you enjoy it mate :rolleyes: I think these hold their value better than the more 'sporty' bikes anyway.

Sold most of my shooting stuff and treated myself to a new toy.

What do you all think?

Because he asked at the start of the thread thats why

Not quite sure why a bloke needs to justify buying a bike for himself to strangers on the internet :rolleyes:

Hope you enjoy it mate :o I think these hold their value better than the more 'sporty' bikes anyway.

:rolleyes:

If its what you want and like then enjoy it, we cant all be like Valentino Rossi ;):good:

Hope you enjoy your new bike mate, I have an old Tribsa (1952 A10 Frame T120 Motor) that I blast around on, everyone keeps telling me its

****, slow, old, noisey, what no indicators :rolleyes:

well that illegal for a start!!!!

Its not japanese well it must be rubbish, blah blah, blah, oh and and why dont you get a proper bike,

,,,,,,,,,YAWN :rolleyes:

You are so right about meeting or getting involved with anyone you see out shooting including PC Plod, sound advice that, :o

Hope all works out for you

Excellent choice of bike winchester. Don't you be put off by these grumpy old **** who have never owned one, and can't afford one either. I have owned a few Harley's since the eighties, and I love em. Fancy that Rocker jobbie now I do. Done the culture thing and been all over Europe on 'em and never had one let me down. Yes, had some great times on the Harley, been to some fantastic parties and even met my wife because of it and I don't care who knows it.

keep them knees in the wind and the shiny side up and enjoy it I say...

Edited by Jim Sarakun