How did we get on today? 2009 edition.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What were they charging for the 40 bird comp?

£20. And scoring out of 180 - 1st Stand 1 point per bird, 2nd 2points and so on. Pay and Clay stands £5 birds only for 10 shots per stand, £7 incl carts. Guns available on free loan at all the Pay and Clay stands if you wanted one. The traps were wireless operated and gave a lot of trouble - loads of no birds and some auto traps just kept going off tossing birds like a machine gun even when the ref was nowhere near the button :yes:

Prices of food at the ground were astonishing - £72 (!!!!) for lunch for 2 in the Members Restaurant (a tent with plastic chairs and tables); £9.00 (!!!)for a glass of Pimms and £18 for a jug of it.....£8 for a burger at the snack stands and £2.70 for a coffee.......£2 for a soft drink.

Organisation was pretty good, mostly, but the crowds were horrendous - masses and masses on the Saturday and the sporting stands taking nearly an hour each for 8 stands was just too much to bother about. I'd go again, but I wouldn't bother with the comp, given the overcrowding. Perhaps do the Members Comp instead and a few of the "fun" clay stands like the duck flushes etc.

PB for me today at Keston 80/100. Then on to Gatton Botton and did a 79/100 - pleased with that - first in C class (members) at the time of leaving . Also picked up 2 boxes of carts for second in C class (members) from last meeting.

Update - highest C Class score at Keston - 86 - enough said

Nice one mate :yes: I shot 70, which was pretty poor tbh :good:

£20. And scoring out of 180 - 1st Stand 1 point per bird, 2nd 2points and so on. Pay and Clay stands £5 birds only for 10 shots per stand, £7 incl carts. Guns available on free loan at all the Pay and Clay stands if you wanted one. The traps were wireless operated and gave a lot of trouble - loads of no birds and some auto traps just kept going off tossing birds like a machine gun even when the ref was nowhere near the button :yes:

Prices of food at the ground were astonishing - £72 (!!!!) for lunch for 2 in the Members Restaurant (a tent with plastic chairs and tables); £9.00 (!!!)for a glass of Pimms and £18 for a jug of it.....£8 for a burger at the snack stands and £2.70 for a coffee.......£2 for a soft drink.

Organisation was pretty good, mostly, but the crowds were horrendous - masses and masses on the Saturday and the sporting stands taking nearly an hour each for 8 stands was just too much to bother about. I'd go again, but I wouldn't bother with the comp, given the overcrowding. Perhaps do the Members Comp instead and a few of the "fun" clay stands like the duck flushes etc.

Been to most of the CLA game fairs but I've not been for a couple of years.......the prices you quote make me realise we were always glad to take our own food, shocking, but I suppose they're about the same as any big event these days :good:

A 74 for me at worsley today.

scores are slowly on the climb again with the new gun.

just need to put more carts threw it :angry:

Good to shoot with the lads again :good:

Top man you've already surpassed the 73 ceiling then :no:

Are you going to be shooting the members comp next Saturday?

Top man you've already surpassed the 73 ceiling then :good:

Are you going to be shooting the members comp next Saturday?

Not sure about the members comp I will have to have a look :angry:

I should have a crack at it :good:

Exellent score today Nickson not long untill your putting 90 odds in :no:

Chard should be putting them in too soon :good: . If he would keep them wheels on :good:

And I should start putting in good 80+ scores in when I settle into things. :good:

It's a funny old game :good:

Only managed an 80 at Worsley today. When I was half way round, I was definitely heading for the 90's, then the wheels came off on an easy stand :no::good::angry: and I never really recovered.

Very strange - I think I was still shooting Woodpigeons :good::good::yes::good::yes:

Told you i would ****** you up :good::good: