22lr Scope

Beno

I am wanting to upgrade to some better optics at the moment I have a Hawke sport hd 4x40 scope its ok but not the clearest at times my budget is 100 to 250, I was thinking is it better to stay with fixed power or get one with changeable mag. Thanks

Get a 3-9x50 Leupold VX-1. Not that expensive, but extremely good optics. My mate had a Hawke 3-9x50 on his .22lr, and my Leupold 3-9x40 was clear long after he'd given up for the evening! They're £230

For £50 less you could have the 3-9x40 which I find plenty good enough. If you plan to spend up to £250 you may as well have the better one.

Philipeano Simmons is what I use.

6-12x40 Deerfield.

6-24x43 PfoHunter.

6-24x50 PrairieMaster x2.

6.5-20x50 WTC x2.

Allthough out of production now

they still are offered for sale.

All were US imports, all new,

all under £100.

I allso have a Leupold VX111

plus a Vari x but not used that yet.

Allthough a huge Simmons fan I've got my

eye on fixed mag scopes.

To change them all will cost a fortune though.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=k3ysF-SVygs&...re=channel_page

alternatively you could go for a nighteater 6-24x56....i have one on my HMR and thats good too.... :lol:

Worst purchase I ever made... I was naive to the fact that bigger isn't always better. I keep it on 8x mag, because it's really not neccessary to zoom all the way in, as it messes up the mildot distances.

My next purchase will be a fixed mag

Worst purchase I ever made... I was naive to the fact that bigger isn't always better. I keep it on 8x mag, because it's really not neccessary to zoom all the way in, as it messes up the mildot distances.

My next purchase will be a fixed mag

im quite chuffed with mine......its usually on 14x.... :unsure:

shaun

http://www.sportsmk.co.uk/item/176/

Any of these will do, .22 rimmy is only 1 step up from airgun :unsure:

For the love of God, DON'T. I have 4x20 one of these and its a piece of ****. the turrets don't "click", its basically just a screw. if you move your rifle around, it will alter the zero. It's also increably bad eye relief. I got it for 8 quid off of ebay, and it was a total waste of money. put your tenner to a better use.

He's right, any of those scopes will do. That is assuming you're only going to be shooting coke cans at 25 yards on a sunny day :unsure:

i really would not go for one of them, they dont even look good!,

to me it looks like something that would go on a toy BB gun! go for a cheap Tasco, they make very very clear optics

I would go for a small good quality scope, I put a Pecar on my BRNO 4,

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pecar-Berlin-6x59-rifl...%3A1%7C294%3A50

This ones a bit big but if you keep an eye out you find one on E Bay, mine is a 4X40 and its very good.

I used to have a Simmons Whitetail Classic 1.5-5x20 Nightview Compact Riflescope not as good as a Pecar but still better than my Niko Gold Crown, you can get these from here, they are the cheapest by far,

http://www.jsramsbottom.com/cgi-bin/jsr.cg.../SM_simmons.HTM

Why have a huge heavy scope on a rifle that you are only going to shoot at a distance of 90M :good:?