Things you wish you never said at work...

henry d

.........obviously I am setting myself up here, BUT ..........

......last night at work we were turned out to a tanker that had jacknifed off a B-road and the driver was trapped. There was a frost in the early evening and there was 1/2" of snow on top of that and it was snowing intermittently.

I had a few rear end wobbles, of the machine obviously, and had cut back my speed on bends etc. as the machine I was driving is light over the rear axle. To allay any fears with my gaffer I told him, as we came to a corner " It`s OK I`ll just drive to arrive !" and then mounted the curb in a devil may care style :good:

I have to say he managed to keep the scream to a moderate level :no:

Anyone else dropped a clanger recently ??

Im doing a bit of part time work between joining the fire service, so working in a large Homebase storeputs me under the customer spotlight.

Oneday theres a (rather attractive) mother and family in tow looking to but a swivel chair.

Kid jumps onto the chair and wonders why it wont go down when she pulls the adjustable hight lever, so I sugest mum tries it, and then I pull a cracker...

''with your weight, the chair should function correctly''

Errr.. weight a minute :lol: :lol:

Husband says in a joking way, ''You calling my wife fat?''

We all had a laugh after I quickly repaired the verbal damage I caused :lol: :lol:

When I was at school and then a student I worked for a landscaping firm for about four summers.

One year we were planting round a new industrial estate the back end of Lisburn, it had been

raining fairly hard over the weekend.

One of the guys wanted to reverse the lorry into one of the plots to turn but was worried it

was too soft so I was sent to have a look.

"Oh aye, it's firm enough"

Two hours and two tractors later we got the lorry, which had bogged down to it's axles, out.

I wasn't flavour of the month.

Nial.

At school, sortov my work at the moment.

Teacher:

Sit up young man, these sofas are not for relaxing on!, infact you shouldn't be in this area at break time!"

Me " Ohh really? When was it the Nazi Administration came through, just before 11 (as i look down at my watch) "

Apparently refrence to the nazis at school is never acceptable. Although "no relaxing" is a bit of a authoritain rule.

I did once tell the the deputy head at school to 'get stuffed and stop wasting my time' after some trivial incident for have in inappropriate images on my phone ;) which she had confiscated and been through all my files. as a result I got a couple of days off school to go shooting etc :lol:???

Edited by EdwardtheloneShooter

I did once tell the the deputy head at school to 'get stuffed and stop wasting my time' after some trivial incedant for have in inapropriet images on my phone ;) which she had convoscated and been through all my files. as a result I got a couple of days off school to go shooting etc :lol:???

I imagine you missed a few English lessons then ?

My head of year announced today today in asssembly that any confiscated phones would be held in his office until Easter. ???

He then added 'Oh, Lizzy, you know I had your phone earlier, well, you have had a few interesting txt messages which I have responded to on your behalf. Oh and can all the people that were stupid enough to txt her phone in lessons earlier see me at the end as well please. Finally I best say that the people who may have recieved a txt saying 'I love you' wasn't from Lizzy.

:lol:

FM ;)