Stop and search? Carry the card

V8mondo

i dont think the police can bear grudges and stop and search someone all the time if they have no reason. I heard if you get stopped in your car 3 times by the same policeman without there being a problem then he is in the wrong same must apply with stop and search? I wudnt p*** them off waving a stupid little card at them!!

by the way, why would ID cards be so good??? what do they do? prove you are legally in the country or something? i dont like the idea of them having evryones DNA even if youve never commited a crime. They aint got mine and as long as i never get arrested i dont plan on giving it anyone, (so far so good 20 years old lol)

SP

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bring back the old suss law - If you ain't got nowt to hide, you ain't worried.

Could someone enlighten me regarding the 'suss law'

I am thinking it was something which was brought in to try and stop Essex blokes wearing womans underwear in public?

Maybe I am wrong..... But it does seem logical does'nt it?

I have been searched before in the middle of St.Albans Town centre on a Saterday night.

Until you have been stopped on the street, doing nothing wrong, and searched with everyone else staring at you wondering what youve done, you will not realise how embarrased and degraded it is possible to feel. And do you get an apology when they find your doing nothiong wrong? Do you ****. For a lot of coppers it seems to be a power trip 'look how much power ive got over you, Cower before me, mere mortals.' Unfortunaly too many (not all) seem to have this attitude and its not on.

Well I've never been searched by the old bill in my life and neither has anyone I know - probably because I haven’t given the police reason to suspect me of anything...... I have seen searches take place and have to say the police always seem professional and courteous. I really think some of the people on here need a reality check - CharlieBROWN 'doing nothing wrong' I doubt it, there must have been something about your behaviour to draw the attention of the old bill (either that or you match the description of a suspect for something) - I really, really doubt the police would just search you for nothing... What in the hell would be the point.. And as for KOZ's point 'imagine a local copper has a grudge on you' what that implies to me is that you've done something wrong now doesn't it matey.. Or have you been watching to much shameless...

Edited by Newsportshooter

Come on V8MONDO WHERE ARE YOU. you cant have had the answers you were looking for.except for a couple of like minded folk who would love to tie the police up with time wasting. The card would be a waste of my time as I`ve never in my 62 years been stopped by the police. HAVE YOU it sounds as though it must be a regular occurence for you, I suggest you behave yourself before u lose your gun licence.

Tony a.

just had a quick read through this and what a load of cobblers old bill going to search you either way all the cards going to do is **** them off and get you a cavity search.

i dont think the police can bear grudges

yeah ok many moons ago a bike I had everytime i went out on it I got stopped as it was on pnc as stolen dont suppose it had anything to with the fact i was seeing a coppers ex who he wanted back

had a drug dealer supply a family member and that family member is now an addict or killed by an overdose or unclean drug etc,

dont want to upset anyone but no doubt it will if you want to get involved with drugs then you know the risks your taking DRUGS ARE ILLEGAL FOR A REASON

and how many people on hear have been a victim of crime relating to junkies

I've been stopped and searched dozens of times. Mainly at football matches. The police have always been professional and explained what they were doing and why. It only takes a minute, it's no big deal and i've seen plenty of weapons found during these searches, so it's pretty obvious why they're carried out.

I was stopped one night on the way home from the pub, was stopped and searched by a van load of Essex's finest. They were looking for someone who'd broken a load of goalposts at the local school. When they realised it wasn't me they gave me a lift home, and i made them all coffee!! Top blokes doing their job. If i'd shown them that stupid card i guess they could have made it awkward for me, just as i would have been trying to make things awkward for them.

Quite true the above-is V8mondo using our beloved PW for a bit of the proverbial bovine effluent stirring?

the cards a load of plop-if you are searched- you should be supplied with a form explaining the powers that Police have to initiate a stop or a search as per the home office guidelines.

this isnt the 70's or the 80's and cops are a heck of alot more accountable-and complaints are investigated.

on the other hand,how do you catch the junkie with gear on him or the toerag with a screwdriver for screwing cars or the yob with a stanley knife- other than turning a few stones over?

I dont wish to appear cruel or uncaring over V8mondo's point of view, but then again I am cruel and I dont care about snotty little whingers.

much love

fudd

If anyone says that it makes you feel awkward and embarrassed being searched. Imagine how embarrassed you'll feel when (after you've shown them that stupid card) they say that by law they are allowed to search you and if you refuse, they will just take you back to the station to do it there with a nice gentleman wearing rubber gloves.

Stop and search is for a reason. You'd all be up in arms if a terrorist managed to use one of those cards to avoid being searched whilst he carried something illegal and that was found out via the press.

Edited by harfordwmj

Another perspective.

Stumbling and mumbling towards a police state...

Nial.

Again someone who knows nothing about the police and just presumes all police are bent, this is just not the case Ive seen lots of police get sacked for very minor things let alone hiding evidence, people believe anything that is said or written.....

"And as for KOZ's point 'imagine a local copper has a grudge on you' what that implies to me is that you've done something wrong now doesn't it matey.."

What about for example if they stop you once in your car and you say: I do not consent to any searches in my car and the police knowing the guy knows their rights and can do nothing about it, then go on to target him in the future, all because a citizen stood up for himself, it has happened before.

Also this could happen:

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/april.../300407raid.htm

POlice could search your car and meanwhile plant something in it to get you done. Another guy in jail another target met, doesn't matter if he is innocent or guilty, who gives a damn? :good:

"And as for KOZ's point 'imagine a local copper has a grudge on you' what that implies to me is that you've done something wrong now doesn't it matey.."

What about for example if they stop you once in your car and you say: I do not consent to any searches in my car and the police knowing the guy knows their rights and can do nothing about it, then go on to target him in the future, all because a citizen stood up for himself, it has happened before.

Also this could happen:

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/april.../300407raid.htm

POlice could search your car and meanwhile plant something in it to get you done. Another guy in jail another target met, doesn't matter if he is innocent or guilty, who gives a damn? :good:

KOZ live in the real world, you watch to much TV, most coppers may have attitude when dealing with little ****s who have no respect for you me or anything in society, if you get stopped and have a bad attitude what kind of repsonse shall the officer give back, he is after all only human and deserves respect back, I know there are some gobby cops but does that make em bent as nine bob note...

Most of the time if you act like a **** if stopped the police will treat you like one.

I used to get pulled in my car all the time when I had just passed my test, mostly because my car was a shed driven by a young lad and the police were a bit bored, bit annoying but I wasn't doing anything illegal so it didn't bother me, but I'd rather they did that and catch people drink driving etc.

I have never been stopped and searched by the police, I think you have to be doing something suspicious for them to stop you in the first place although at a football match it could be anyone carrying something and they have to be seen to be checking a random selection so not to be accused of bias.

Most of the time if you act like a **** if stopped the police will treat you like one.

Exactly.

Read through the posts on this and other forums and marvel at how it always 'just happens' to same sort of people.

In the same way some people never start fights but always seem to be there or there abouts when it happens.

We used to get pulled all time when we were younger, but I never got out of the car with a "shouldn't you be chasing real criminals" attitude and got away with a slap on the wrist in most cases.

In my experience very few coppers are out to cause trouble, they have enough to do as it is.

It is also worth pointing out that the link that started this thread is from the Guardian :good:

"In my experience very few coppers are out to cause trouble, they have enough to do as it is."

In my experience some policeman like to bully peopel because they are on some powertrip because they have a badge. When we meekly bow down to law enforcement not forgetting that they are there to serve us, not us for them so they do as they please with us nothing will change. I know you think that all those people that campaign for civil liberties are crazy and "kooks" but I assure you you wouldn't want to live in Nazi Germany or Stalin's Russia where the Cheka or the Gestapo would bang you up for good.

Again someone who knows nothing about the police and just presumes all police are bent, this is just not the case Ive seen lots of police get sacked for very minor things let alone hiding evidence, people believe anything that is said or written.....

Not at all, I'm sure 95% of police are completely straight. A good friend (a peeler) won't even borrow a

kids CD which I've backed up (that we own) in case it's seen in his house.

Are you saying there aren't any bent ones?

Nial.

Not at all, I'm sure 95% of police are completely straight. A good friend (a peeler) won't even borrow a

kids CD which I've backed up (that we own) in case it's seen in his house.

Are you saying there aren't any bent ones?

Nial.

im sure theres plenty of bent cops - i mean walking around in a uniform, playing with handcuffs and a tuncheon, what bender wouldnt want to be a cop?! :good:

ill leave now....

Well I've never been searched by the old bill in my life and neither has anyone I know - probably because I haven’t given the police reason to suspect me of anything...... I have seen searches take place and have to say the police always seem professional and courteous. I really think some of the people on here need a reality check - CharlieBROWN 'doing nothing wrong' I doubt it, there must have been something about your behaviour to draw the attention of the old bill (either that or you match the description of a suspect for something) - I really, really doubt the police would just search you for nothing... What in the hell would be the point.. And as for KOZ's point 'imagine a local copper has a grudge on you' what that implies to me is that you've done something wrong now doesn't it matey.. Or have you been watching to much shameless...

I can assure you that I was walking down the pavement, coming from the Peahen towards lloyds bank. There were two policemen by the entrance to the maltings, they asked me what I was doing, and if I had anything on my person I wanted to tell them about. I hadnt. Do I have anything sharp in my pockets, No. So they patted me down, and asked me to empty my pockets, obviously nothing to find. They started to write out one of those ticket things, with all the information on why they had stopped me, I interuppted and said I didnt want one and left it at that. I dont know why I was stopped (granted they would have told me if id asked, but by that point I just wanted to find a Kebab and a cab home), as you said I probably matched a description of someone thay were after, but the attitude was what annoyed me, and the fact that many of my friends and even an old boss had walked by in the time it took for them to search me and I could feel them all thinking 'ohh, whats he done?'. Its not a nice feeling, and the general attitude from them was one of arrogance.

I know a few policemen, and a rather attractive WPC, so know that there are good officers out there, but I still think many are in it for the chases, the uniform and the power.

I was just seeing in general that on this forums if you talk about civil liberties you are equated with tree huggers and environmental extremists as well as "bleeding heart liberals". I am neither of these, I would class myself more as libertarian.