Anyone Work in Car Insurance

Hewey

you will have to declare it as it is your policy so will affect your premium next year.

However if you claim to be driving (I know David BASC will dissapprove) the benefit you will have is it will only affect your policy and your wife won't have to mention it when she renews when she gets asked if she has had any accidents or claims. Obviously this is naughty and I don't approve as I believe the Insurance industry doesn't make enough money out of us already.

if she makes a claim she'll have to declare it on any policy shes on; having said that if its only a couple of hundred quids worth of damage it shouldnt affect the prices.

as for saying you were driving... it wont matter much who was driving, but if you try to get a 2nd car in your name in the next couple of years itll preclude any intro bonuses you might get and itll be dearer :good:

Whats the excess of the policy? If its a minor ding reckon it'll be less than the excess you would pay anyway. You claiming it was you driving is fraud... (I work for an insurance brokers) and that could be a major issue if it ever comes to light. As others have said if you do the honest thing, you'll have to admit to having claimed and she'll have to admit to have daving an accident, you'll both get stung!

Not correct. HPI will only show a claim that is subject to a category write off claim. ie it is a cat D or C etc write off. A low cost claim would not show up on HPI. ( unless stolen / LOS report )

Shows how much I know..... :blink:

but all the same, I wouldn't have claimed....

Adam

Not correct. HPI will only show a claim that is subject to a category write off claim. ie it is a cat D or C etc write off. A low cost claim would not show up on HPI. ( unless stolen / LOS report )

Not ALL TRUE, some bridge the gap total losses are unrecorded :):wub: :blink: :D

ok just a few things ive noticed

first, everybody lies when it comes to insurance, trust me, ive worked in the bloody job for over 6 years (and yes, i do know when your lying, youre not the first housewife to have suddenly bought a vauxhall corsa after 6 years of not driving and "just happen" to be thinking of adding your 17 year old son to the policy), customers lie to broker, brokers lie to insurance companies, insurance companies lie to customers :wub:

second, it doesnt matter if she claims of her own policy or not, all claims the driver has had must be disclosed when incepting a new policy (even if theyre on someone elses policy), insurance is all about risk, the higher the risk the higher the price, so the more claims you have against you = youre more of a risk = higher prices :blink:

thirdly, yes we tell people its a type of fraud, but as far ive been told theres no actual law against it, all the insurance company would do (if they found out) would be to refuse to pay out on your claim and possibly null and void your policy, you wont end up in jail :) , the only possibility would be if they paid out and found out you had lied.

and no, im not advising anyone to lie, it just amazes me what some people think they know about insurance (and its also the reason i dont tell people in the pub i work in it!) :D

my apologies, its been a couple of years since ive had to deal with claims and didnt realise the act had been amended, ok so there is the possibility to be prosecuted HOWEVER the chances are extremely small, as i said the only likely course of action is for the policy to be ntu'd

"Please do not suggest people don't know what they are talking about ( you quoted "it just amazes me what some people think they know about insurance") I worked in car insurance for 7 years and now for 15 years relevant to law so I do know what I am talking about . ( I know you haven't named me but your text suggests me as I spoke about fraud you refer to) It is not an insurance company that enforces the law"

and no mate, i wasnt talking about you!

My advice: beat the £1500 out of your wife. That way you won't have to make a tiresome and costly insurance claim and she will think twice about doing it again in the future.

Everyones a winner :good:

Mungler,

As you are (so we are told) a member of the legal profession, how can you possibly advise an illegal act, which, if acted upon, would probably result in an innocent person being injured.

This is almost as bad as your suggestion on the disposal of a defective .17hmr round

This really brings this forum into disrepute.

Harrumph Harrumph

Edited by amateur