Shooting Show Meet Up?

Nicky T

Website looks comprehensive and so does the show.

Its about a 2hr 30min drive from me.

Would this be a good show to bag yourself a bargain on new shotgun do you think? It markets itself as "the big one...." but its along way to drive to be met with vendors that are not willing to give any sort of discount.

Never been to a game fair/shooting show/gun show before so apologies for my ignorance.

Website looks comprehensive and so does the show.

Its about a 2hr 30min drive from me.

Would this be a good show to bag yourself a bargain on new shotgun do you think? It markets itself as "the big one...." but its along way to drive to be met with vendors that are not willing to give any sort of discount.

Never been to a game fair/shooting show/gun show before so apologies for my ignorance.

I've not been to a shooting show but at game fairs I've visited there have been one or two bargains around. If you're after a new shotgun and it's a popular/common make, then you should be able to get a few quotes, or see what extras the different gun companies are willing to throw in (e.g. a few boxes of cartridges, slip, etc.) Happy haggling!

Rhiannon

I've not been to a shooting show but at game fairs I've visited there have been one or two bargains around. If you're after a new shotgun and it's a popular/common make, then you should be able to get a few quotes, or see what extras the different gun companies are willing to throw in (e.g. a few boxes of cartridges, slip, etc.) Happy haggling!

Rhiannon

Cheers for that Rhiannon. Ive heard also that at "game fairs" during the summer months there are bargains to be had but wasnt sure on "shooting shows"

Yeah im after a Urika 2 in synthetic black so been looking around seeing whats what.

this may seem like a stupid question..... but never having been to a game fair/shooting show.....

they have a clay line / coaching? I assume they provide everything there - ear defenders, etc - if you have a go?

no need to take my own ear plugs, etc? or do plenty of people come readily prepared.... right down to glasses & shooting jackets?:good:

was just wondering.... if anyone can shed any light.....

this may seem like a stupid question..... but never having been to a game fair/shooting show.....

they have a clay line / coaching? I assume they provide everything there - ear defenders, etc - if you have a go?

no need to take my own ear plugs, etc? or do plenty of people come readily prepared.... right down to glasses & shooting jackets?:good:

was just wondering.... if anyone can shed any light.....

They do have a clay shooting comp on both days and tuition is available from BASC qualified instructors (i believe) - check the website for full details.

As for what equipment they provide - safest bet is to take your own i reckon!

shot the comp at catton park last year and all the shows ive been to if ya want to shoot the comp bring ya own gear as they dont have anything for ya to borrow...as for the basc shooting instruction the last one i saw was a very small setup 1 stand 3 clay traps spread out and ya shot at about 10 clays for a fiver with someone watching over ya shoulder it was only really for people who have never handled a gun before and wanted just to try it...sparkie see ya there might see ya wabbitbosher nr the basc stand