New Toy Arrived Today

new to the flock

I had a pleasant surprise today. A nice big box from Excalibur Crossbows delivered to the house with a brand spanking new Ibex crossbow and all the bells and whistles.

content_557.jpg

Ibex Specifications

Velocity

305 fps*

Draw Weight 175 lbs.

Power Stroke 14.5"

Mass Weight 6.2 lbs

Overall Length 36.4"

Arrow Length 20"

Arrow Weight 350 Grain Min.

Stock Type Thumbhole

Finish Realtree AP HD

Accessory Package

content_561.jpg

content_436.jpg

Scope

Lumi-Zone

Based on Excalibur's famous Vari-Zone crossbow scope, the new Lumi-Zone is a serious low light option made with today's avid crossbow hunter in mind. The Lumi-Zone combines a 40 mm objective lens for maximum light gathering with an illuminated multiplex reticle, making it a must for hunting in the low light conditions when "the big ones" are active. Like the Vari-Zone, the Lumi-Zone features Excalibur's adjustable multiplex crosshair system that makes it possible to adjust crosshair spacing for precisely 10 yard increments to match the exact trajectory of your crossbow at velocities between 250 and 350 FPS.

content_463.jpg

Here it is on my truck

img_1703.jpg

img_1704.jpg

One of My truck

img_1705.jpg

NTTF

What kind of distance would you be able to cleanly kill at NTTF. Would this be a stalking weapon or ambush??

The maximum range would be 40 yards, but I like to keep all of my archery hunting inside 20 yards. Most of the archery hunting is done on stand, although I do some very close in stalking aswell.

NTTF

The maximum range would be 40 yards, but I like to keep all of my archery hunting inside 20 yards. Most of the archery hunting is done on stand, although I do some very close in stalking aswell.

NTTF

Great stuff. Would imagine after gauging the size of it from the pickup, stalking would be a challange as it looks as wide, as it is long.

Is there any safty device ie, would you draw the arrow, (hope thats the right slang) then engage a saftey catch, until nessesery. or would all that need to be done once you've identified your target.

The thought of getting 20 yards away from "dangerous game" with anything is rather scary, let alone a crossbow, where I would guess you would need some time to load for a second shot !

Hope you enjoy it -looking forward to the pictures from a hunt perhaps ?

Thanks for posting.

I got to shoot this beasty today. I let one bolt go at each 10, 20 30 &40 yards, now this is right out of the box and figured I would have to site the scope in....was I wrong! split the 10 yard bolt at 20 yards and the 10, 30, & 40 yard bolts were all touching less than a 1 inch group! :good: Absolutely Awsome!

NTTF

Zero recoil. If I had to fault it, it would be that being a short **** I can just stand on the stirup, and lean over the bow to draw the string to the cocked position. However since I cut an inch and three quarters of a standard gun stock this does not surprise me. I can not believe that for taking the pieces out of the box and putting it together that this thing shoots that accurate with no adjustments.

NTTF

• 2 weeks later...