" NO CAR INSURANCE" !!!!!!!

rec-baller

i.ve just watched the funniest thing for a long time, a young lad in a souped up Imprezza trying to argue with four motorway patrol bobbies, he kept waiving a peice of paper at them saying it was his insurance document, after a massive argument ( and a breathaliser) he watched as his car was towed away !!!!! :) :(

Result to the bobbies, i knew one of them and had a quick word with him "" if he is willing to drive round with no insurance-- we,re willing to seize his car was the reply--wonder what daddy will say when he goes home !!! ;) :(

why the **** should i pay nearly £400 a year to insure my GTI when some scrote is laughing and driving round for"free"-- not free anymore -fine+ points+ court costs

good on the coppers is what i say

shaun

Edited by Cranfield

Just be happy you are only paying £400

The quotes I am getting for a 1.2 VW polo 3rd party fire and theft are all around the £1500-2000 mark. Because as a 17 year old male I am obviously going to stove into a lambo.

That reminds me of getting my first car, a NOVA!

A massive 1.2 E reg, and the insuarance was going to cost more than the car!

I held off for just a year, save a bit more , was a year older. so I got a better car and got better insuarce at a lower price.

Back to orginal post. Good on the cops :) But its a shame that car related crime (tax, mots, etc) is about all they are good for/ good at!

Just be happy you are only paying £400

The quotes I am getting for a 1.2 VW polo 3rd party fire and theft are all around the £1500-2000 mark. Because as a 17 year old male I am obviously going to stove into a lambo.

Been there mate. That's one reason I didn't start driving till I was 23.

why the **** should i pay nearly £400 a year to insure my GTI when some scrote is laughing and driving round for"free"-- not free anymore -fine+ points+ court costs

good on the coppers is what i say

shaun

Its probably cheaper for him not to insure and to just take the points and fine, get done 2-3 times a year and ignore it. Wrong but reality...

Would be interested to know if he thought he was insured, especially as he had a bit of paper or if he as just trying it on. We all know the Rozzers rarely let the truth get in the way of a good conviction...

its good the old bill are taking them off the road and crushing their cars i had a polish driver no insurance crash into my newly sprayed audi and wrote it off guess wat i lost out on wat i paid to have my car sprayed to perfection :good: never mind iam not the only one and surely not the last.

take care guys wen drivin etc have a good day

Driving is expensive buisness.

lessons @ £20 where there will be anywhere between 15 and 30 (lets say 22)

A car (Assume i get a Corsa for £700)

Insurance (cheapest quote i got was £1350)

Test £100 (assume i have one and pass, which i'm sure i wouldn't)

Theory Test £50 (i think)

Hiring the Instructors car (no idea of price)

The minimum expense i will pay, will be about 2640, but i think it would probably be a bit more then that.

Then there is the Maintenance and Petrol.

I'm sticking with the bus for now.

The provisional was £50,

Im getting lessons for £22/hr with BSM,

The theory was £36,

The practical will be £62

A car will be around the £3000 mark

£insuranc£ as abov£

But the girls love it!

Good to see the police doing what they should, after being hit by a unninsured driver and thus paying incresed insurance and loss of no claims etc I wish theyd spend more on on physical patrols and less on speed cameras.

Well at 21 it costs me £2900 to insure a 1 litre corsa with no claims or accidents. Go figure......

make no wonder some people dont insure ther cars, it shouldnt be aloud, charging all that money, then again i dont think you should be able to drive till your atleast 21,

Good to see the police doing what they should, after being hit by a unninsured driver and thus paying incresed insurance and loss of no claims etc I wish theyd spend more on on physical patrols and less on speed cameras.

Nowt to do with the police mate......Its far cheaper for the Govn to place a camera in a hot spot then to employ even one Officer.....if the powers that be kept to their law and order promises then there would be a lot more coppers patrolling instead of all these pointless(money generating) cameras.

Jeeze!!!!!!!! all these telephone number insurance figures :oops: i was born in 1965 and back in the day when i first stated driving my triumph 2500s only costing me £180 to insure,i don't remember ever being quoted more than £300 for any car i owned back then.....the insurance company used to tell me "wait till your are 21" then it will go down and when i got to 21 it was exactly the bl00dy same!!!! now it was oh no! it is 25 and it gets cheaper...now i am 44 and it still goes up every year.i am running 2 cars,a porsche boxster which is £600 fully comp and an old 2001 1.6 renault scenic which is a staggering £474 fully comp....i can't be @rsed to phone around for a cheaper quote.......but maybe i will next year.

At the end of the day the goverment dont want young drivers on the road, and while we (i mean u)pay these prices they will keep on charging these price nothing can be done about it. at least most 17 year old are in the city or have bus or parents that can help with work etc i dont but that tuff for me :oops:

Its probably cheaper for him not to insure and to just take the points and fine, get done 2-3 times a year and ignore it. Wrong but reality...

Would be interested to know if he thought he was insured, especially as he had a bit of paper or if he as just trying it on. We all know the Rozzers rarely let the truth get in the way of a good conviction...

A regular scam is to take insurance over twelve payments, pay one and get the paper work, but the police now have data base with all uninsured/untaxed/no mot cars on it, so you can wave your paper all day, it only takes a phone call to the insurance company to clarify the position. as for take the fine and points, the police can now sieze uninsured cars and if you don`t produce valid insurance within a certain time your car is crushed, hows that for reality.

The police have a hard job to do I support them all the way.

Tony A.

Chanderlierman back in the old days though £180 was more than the average weekly wage so maybe with the average weekly wage at what £400 today insurance isn’t such a bad deal now.

Zeb it’s not the government who want to keep young drivers off the road it’s the rest of us drivers :) Have you seen how much traffic there is these days and what's the average speed in London, 8 mph?

I have amate who works in Hackney(for those of you who don't know London it is a pretty 'Diverse' place if you know what I mean). The traffic cops did a two day sting around the area before last Crimbo. I think they got in the region of 300 cars without insurance in a day. Apparently the roads around Hackney the day after were like a ghost town :angry: