Americans?

LeeinVA

I was asked in South Carolina,

"in england you sit on the right to drive?" yes.

"so the steering wheel is on the right?" yes

"what about the pedals?"

he meant are they the same way clutch (unknown to most `mericans) brake and gas.

he was convinced whe just had mirror image cars.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go one with ya brother!! You post the mad emoticon, but you are laughing your **** off :hmm:

Too right Blue G'day :blink:

Just thought, this go one with ya stuff isn't some colonial gay foreplay us proper english speakers should be aware of eh? If it's fightin talk, there's only 2 things stoppin ya, fresh air and common sense :good:

Edited by fullbore

:hmm: I have spent alot of time in the USA both Private and on Business and travelled alot of road miles over the last 25 years.

1. I have never been abused verbally or threatened by anyone in the U.S.

2. I`ve never seen a gun crime of any sort .

3. Never had a road rage incident

4. Met some very helpful genuine people who dont wear Dungarees.

5. Too say that all Americans are red neck hicks is the same as saying that all Russian women are built like Wrestlers....wrong !!

I have however been very much abused and verbally threatened, had lots of road rage incidents and had guns used around me with criminal intent here in the U.K.......I also believe Drug Dealing Chavs are worse than Red Necks by far!

Both nations have there problems but I would sooner live here or in the States more than anywhere else in the World.......Long live Anglo-American relations.......RED WHITE AND BLUE NEVER RUN....(well , maybe the French one does). :blink:

same here :good:

I hate the way when you go into a resturant or diner, and they say hello and are happy to see you. The way they will make a fuss over your kids, knowing that they are getting a tip anyway. The way most folk over there have manners, from the college kid packing bags at the supermarket, (yes, i hate the way they work whilst being educated to learn the value of money), to the 70 year old dude offering advice in Home Depot. I hate the way the sun shines most of the year round (FL) and the way the beaches are cleaned by volounteers happy to work for free. I also get ****** off that if you have a problem, you can grab hold of a cop, and he listens to what you are saying, whilst calling YOU "sir".

My in-laws must be mad to want to live in a place like this, in their house that could re-home all of my living relatives. And that my dumb *** father in law has to drive 10, YES 10 minutes to a place where he can shoot the biggest guns money can buy. And dont get me started on how **** the fishing is!!!

Yup! Americans are the dumb ***** in this one.

PS, im booking my flights in a few weeks, looking forward to my 10th **** holiday to the states. :yes: :yes: :yes:

Hi Lee and Jim

i met some fantastic people whilst I was in the middle east, my ex worked for Aramco and at the weekends would invite them over.

I was warned before hand not to say anything bad about John Wayne when a texan visited and could they drink and did not seem to have any realisation as to what time to go to bed. But they were really nice people.

Can I ask - dont very little about your civil war but have watched quite a few films.

You have the two sides in the civil war - why did the war start?

which side is which - one wears grey and other blue.

Is the country still divided by this?

Jan

Quite frankly I am quite disgusted at the majoity of posts which I regard as insulting regarding our friends from over the water.

Most of the comments made of Americans are stereotypical opinions which people have 'heard' from elsewhere and have not experienced personally. True or False?

I work with American's all year round....... I have even took them out shooting on many an occasion, and found them to the most safety conscious shots you would ever want to accompany you.

As I sit at my desk this very moment, on nightshift, a guy who hails from Alabama is next to me reading this.......

He's laughing all the way.......

Lets look at the good things the Americans have bought over here for us to enjoy.......

1) Budweiser

2) The .17 HMR and a whole host of other calibers

3) Peanut Butter

4) Pamela Anderson's assets were made in the USA

5) Dougnuts

6) Marlborough lights

7) The discount store

Anyone else care to add any more?

You want to have a whinge, try working with the French and Germans, they can show you ignorance,arrogance and plain stubbourness from the moment you come into work until you go home. An attitude for which they have gave us sod all for other than a whole load of aggro during two world wars for which this country and the USA had to pick the pieces up for.

I think I have made my opinion clear.......

Regards

Edited by starlight32

Quite frankly I am quite disgusted at the majoity of posts which I regard as insulting regarding our friends from over the water.

Most of the comments made of Americans are stereotypical opinions which people have 'heard' from elsewhere and have not experienced personally. True or False?

I work with American's all year round....... I have even took them out shooting on many an occasion, and found them to the most safety conscious shots you would ever want to accompany you.

As I sit at my desk this very moment, on nightshift, a guy who hails from Alabama is next to me reading this.......

He's laughing all the way.......

Lets look at the good things the Americans have bought over here for us to enjoy.......

1) Budweiser

2) The .17 HMR and a whole host of other calibers

3) Peanut Butter

4) Pamela Anderson She is Canadian. :hmm:

5) Dougnuts

6) Marlborough lights

7) The discount store

Anyone else care to add any more?

You want to have a whinge, try working with the French and Germans, they can show you ignorance,arrogance and plain stubbourness from the moment you come into work until you go home. An attitude for which they have gave us sod all for other than a whole load of aggro during two world wars for which this country and the USA had to pick the pieces up for.

I think I have made my opinion clear.......

Regards

ID RATHER HAVE 50 REDNECKS BEHIND ME IN DUNGAREES than 50 chavs with trousers round there knees...

i really wabt to go to america would be fun...

:hmm::P:lol:

"Squeal Like a pig" springs to mind! :lol::lol:

Bad choice of words mark!

Good subject

My Brother married an American girl and now lives in Minnesotta and has taken US citizensip. She lived here for a while so we have some very interesting discussions about this. I have visited the US many times for work and pleasure.

You should be aware that there has been a creeping anti-American sentiment in the UK and Europe generally in recent years. This has softened somewhat since Obama was elected but it's still here. I've been guilty of it myself at times, but mostly it's lazy thinking which doesn't stand up to a deep analysis.

Quickly, off the top of my head, some gut-feeling likes and dislikes:

Like:

Patriotism, good manners, friendliness, family values, jaw dropping scenery, can-do attitude, lack of cynicism, proper ribs, relative unimportance of social class, Chicago blues, Metallica, Green day, the weather, gas prices, second amendment, work-ethic.

Dislike:

Ignorance of world issues, especially when linked with a gung-ho attitude. Religious fundamentalism (objections to teaching of evolution in schools etc). Bland, over processed food (but see ribs above), "cheese" with everything! (actually tasteless fluorescent toxic waste), wastefulness, cars and motorbikes that don't go round corners, re-writing of history by Hollywood, puritan attitudes to alcohol, Gangsta rap, country and Western. School massacres, Homogenisation of towns the world over by US fast food chains.

That about covers it!

Oh yeah, you couldn't make a decent pot of tea if your lives depended on it! :hmm:

Jesus, They seemed to have no basic life knowledge. Except EAT,DRINK,SLEEP.

Any adult who says there are 4 sides to a triangle should be put back in school forcefully!!

AND MARK i think i would rather have 50 chavs standing behind, id rather have to clench my fist's then having to clench my **** cheek's.

Too right Blue G'day :hmm:

Just thought, this go one with ya stuff isn't some colonial gay foreplay us proper english speakers should be aware of eh? If it's fightin talk, there's only 2 things stoppin ya, fresh air and common sense :lol:

From what you are learning about me you might know that neither is a hindrance.. Air is something we breath and i have no sense :P

"Squeal Like a pig" springs to mind! :P:lol:

Bad choice of words mark!

You forgot 'He sure has a pretty mouth!' :hmm:

Do you really sue each other for anything?

Good thread by the way.

Dan

What the hell did you say? Watch it or i will sue your ***! :lol: