Ban air weapons?

hurstpol

Well once again it has started, I was listening to the radio news at 08.00 this morning and heard that the government were thinking of giving the Scottish Parliament more of the tax revenue that they collect , the Scottish government is claiming they need more revenue to pursue their policies, one of which was mentioned in the bulletin was to ban all air weapons once and for all.

Here we go again................................

Frank

Edited by hurstpol

I completely agree that Scotland should keep all of the tax it raises, and also stop expecting subsidies from the rest of the UK. (And can they take their useless politicians back with them at the same time!)

Rhiannon

So it would keep all the benefits from North Sea oil then

I thought North Sea oil was drying up :good:

Scotland has had its fair share of idiots miss using airguns though, perhaps more incidents than here, controling them may be better than an outright ban, but how you do that I don`t know.

Edited by lineshooter

I completely agree that Scotland should keep all of the tax it raises, and also stop expecting subsidies from the rest of the UK. (And can they take their useless politicians back with them at the same time!)

Rhiannon

Exactly how i feel i think if they want independence they can ******* well have it, we will get a conservative England and, the vote on the introduction of student fees would never have passed had it not been for Scotland's labour MPs in West Minster who had already got rid of the fees in scotland it is a ******* joke. The only problem is who gets the tax from the north sea gas/oil of scotland then scotland may get the upper hand...but by the way i dont want to offend any scotts on the site :good:

George

Edited by groach1234

What ever gun controls are they do not work, post Dundlain we have ever bigger gun problem. Huggerford didn't really but a bit to young to remeber the fall out of that one.

Just politicions try to grab to votes would be the really reason for this. And nothing eles. Which ever country you live they are all the same.

I think that gun control does work, you only have to look at the gun crime in this country.

You do not read many story,s of some person being shot with a "sporting" rifle that is on ticket or the use of shot guns,that are on ticket

What it does show though is the way that the government has tried in the past to "control" in there way, more to give public peace of mind in there own eyes, than to actually confront the issue in a way that it will do any good. that is by Banning all weapons they deem to be responsible for the crimes, even though they most probably were not the ones actually involved in the crime. They were told months if not years before the actuall banning of such weapons by i think BASC that it would do nothing to cut gun crime, in fact i think the advice was given that it would increase the use of illegally held hand weapons used in gun crime.

There is a report some were on the internet that shows how gun crime was on the increase after the bann of hand guns, it goes to show how little the government actually listen to advice from people who know better than themselves.

I would not dissagree if they decided to licence air rifles, without being ridiculously priced.

I completly agree that scotland should be independant, as mentioned this would allow all North sea natural assets to be kept - which is basically the biggest money earner and export the UK has next to whiskey oh! that's scottish too..... :good: (pharmasuiticals and communications are 2 of the other biggest i believe)....

Then they might actually spend some of the UK incoming revenue on the place that earns most of it instead of resurfacing the southern roman built roads....

Edited by gixer1

i agree licence air weapons then they can also licence catapults,pea shooters and eventually throwing pebbles into the sea BUT FIRST BAN THOSE THIEVING LOWLIFE POLITICIANS WHO HAVE COMMITTED MASS FRAUD AND HAVE GOT AWAY WITH IT

I TOTALLY AGREE-THIEVING SCOUNDRELS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dear All,

This is not a new stance from Scotland - their emphasis is targeting illegal use of airguns. The Minister has gone public on saying he has nothing at all against owners of airguns for legitimate use. There is no outright ban in prospect.

But Scotland are likely to look to change the law re airguns - BUT there will be consultation before any decision is made.

David

The problem is that no matter where we are in the world there will always be bad apples that ruin it for all us, not to mention stealing, fraud comiting, clueless polititions. Just look to the hand gun ban I mean that had a real life changing effect........ there are more illegal handguns on the streets than ever before. Sometimes I really doubt how much control, in a democratic state that we the people have any influnce what so ever. I mean sure we can vote but look what has happened there are more rules on firearms than you can shake a stick at yet how many of these offences were comited by liscenced firearms and shotgun cert holders.