The most outrages shooting tale

Harnser

I listened to a retired keeper telling a story about his old hammer gun "The best gun he ever had ! ". He once fired both barrels at a great big flock of crows on fresh cut silleage and when he finished picking up he had 99!!!! TRUE! he said TRUE !!!.

A young lad laughed and said you should have just said 100 ! lol

And the old boy said "and have someone call me a liar for the sake of 1 crow !"

lolol He was taking the P of course .lolol

• 3 weeks later...

This evening I met an old work colleague. He goes shooting, and is renown for stretching the truth a little.

I asked him if he's been out and funnily enough he had, yesterday. For a couple of hours.

And the tally... 2 magpies, 17 rabbits, 9 crows and 6 woodies.

Best of all, one of the crows was a headshot... at 110 yards............ With an air rifle.

:good:

And I'm Lord Lucan.

All that is amateur stuff.

I remember, back in the days before blutac, I was out wandering round the garden with my trust old air pistol (.177 well under the legal limit) when I saw a pigeon in a tree. Unfortunately, a branch was hiding most of the pigeon from where I was standing. But, knowing the pistol as well as I did I lined up with the pigeon's head, gave it a bit more for the pellet drop and fired.

The pellet looped over the branch and got it clean in the head, killing it instantly.

True story. I am _that_ good with pistols. It's only a shame I was born about a century too late for the wild west, or you would have been talking about me in the same breath as the other great gunfighters. Hell, Clint would have been basing his character on me in The Good, The Bad & The Ugly.

An old man I used to know, told my frieed and I that he used to make a living out of shooting during the war, what he used to do was wait untill two flocks of birds would cross each other before he would fire as he was saving cartridges, one day he fired at a flock of Lapwing and with the hole it created in that flock he was able to fire through the hole at another flock of widgeon. When he picked up the bird's he had shot with two shot's he had 32 Lapwing and 15 widgeon, the funny thing is he used to wonder why we cristened him Peter the liar, poor oul Peter is dead now, but not forgotten, boy used I love meeting him just to hear what he was going to come out with.

I can't/won't tell any of my stories on here.

A search of this, or any other, shooting forum will produce 'true' stories to top most of the above though :good:

Edit. I will tell someone elses (witnessed) story though.

Spotting a decent sized pig the gun took the shot between the small gap between 2 trees, the bullet carried on through that beast and killed what turned out to be silver medal hog behind it as well :P

Nearly choked on my pint with this one;

In the bar, my mates mate landed, well known to be a Gob****ee, :yes:

Reckons he was out one day with the 12g & a Pheasant lifted, up comes the guage, down comes the Pheasant, (couldn't hit a cow in the a$se with a stick).

Over he goes & picks it up, only to discover that it had landed on top of a Hare, which was knocked out, B)

That's not all, underneath the Hare was 1/2 lb of Mushrooms . :good::P

BJ.

He might be telling the truth ! You do get some plonkers in Sainsburys chucking food about and pretending to shoot it with "Air" shotguns

My question is were the mushrooms tinned, fresh or MAGIC !!!

If they were magic I find it very believable indeed !!!!!!!!!!!!!

They thrive on Bull S@@#

I'm late , i'm late For a very important date I'm late i'm late i'm LATE

Mad as a Hatter !

LTFOL **** ROTFL

Wabbit (at a tea party)

Bit late on this one but i read in the shooting gazette about an edwardian gentleman who whilst out on a grouse moor shoot the lead grouse 40 yards our as a hare jumped taking that too and when they went to retrieve the grouse and hare the found a bushy red tail twitching making it a grouse, a hare and a fox with a single shot. What do you all think of that then.

George

Bit late on this one but i read in the shooting gazette about an edwardian gentleman who whilst out on a grouse moor shoot the lead grouse 40 yards our as a hare jumped taking that too and when they went to retrieve the grouse and hare the found a bushy red tail twitching making it a grouse, a hare and a fox with a single shot. What do you all think of that then.

George

was he using a cannon?

My question is were the mushrooms tinned, fresh or MAGIC !!!

If they were magic I find it very believable indeed !!!!!!!!!!!!!

This one's defo on the Magic type, haven't seen him for a good while,

he's still shooting somewhere, I cannot wait to bump into him for a more recent update on his exploits...LOL

BJ

This one's defo on the Magic type, haven't seen him for a good while,

he's still shooting somewhere, I cannot wait to bump into him for a more recent update on his exploits...LOL

BJ

Nor can i that B@#tard owes me for a new keyboard having projected a cup of tea all over it and my monitor reading your last post

Edited by JamesLeic

Had a call last night from a mate who was apparently in Bunny shooting Nirvana with hundreds of the critters who by all accounts were practically forming a queue to be shot....He claims that he was aiming at a rabbit near a warren when two others hopped up to it and when he took the shot he killed all 3 with the same round.... :lol: Just when you dont think Pinnochio tales can get much worse, check out the final bag ......347!!!!

Naturally, no photographic evidence is available.. :lol: