The most outrages shooting tale

Harnser

Reading the 300 yard rabbits with a .17 hm thread ( which i found very readable and informative ) reminded me of some of the ****** who are actually granted firearms certificates .

I was down the range on a sunday a couple of years ago with the club that i shoot with and we were shooting 300 yard and 600 yard nra full bore targets . Standard stuff 2 sighters and 10 to count at both ranges . I was acting as range officer at the time on the 600 yard detail at the time and was asked by a fairly new club member if he could zero his stalking rifle in . I told him of course you can ,when we have finished this detail we move down to the 100 yard butts and members can shoot their carbines and any stalkers can zero their rifles ,this was the normal thing that we used to do .

Well matey then said ,i want to zero my 243 at 600 yards which will allow me to shoot dear at 800 yards with minimal hold over . I said to him you have got to be joking ,nobody i know shoot deer at 800 yards or even 600 yards ,he said well i do all the time and my average shot is taken at about 650 yards . I couldnt help but tell him there and then that he was a **** or a walt ,proberbly both . He became very agitated and started to mouth off at me and other club members ,saying that we didnt know anything about shooting and that we proberbly only shot deer at 400 yards . Needless to say his club membership was suspended forthwith .

Just an example of some of the ****** who are walking around the countryside with rifles .

Harnser .

Regular lamping buddy of mine came out with this one night...

It was a very windy night and he was out with his .22lr, open sights and all. He spotted a fox but it took off running, stopped about 190 yards out. He put the barrel of the .22lr, no, not the fore end the barrel, into a V groove of a rotten fence post and "lined him up" single handed, as he was holding the lamp in the other hand. So, single handed, in a gale, with open sights and holding the lamp and rifle steady he fired and killed the fox stone dead...

With and Eley sub.

:oops::oops:

Evil Elvis has made it to your neck of the woods then :oops:

I used to mark the score cards at my local clay pigeon club. One day, there was a man out shooting DTL who only hit 11 of the 25 clays. After the line had finished, I overheard him say to his mate, "The reason I missed all those clays was because the sun was shining on my barrels, and made them expand, altering the choke size!"

Of course it did!!!

Nearly choked on my pint with this one;

In the bar, my mates mate landed, well known to be a Gob****ee, :)

Reckons he was out one day with the 12g & a Pheasant lifted, up comes the guage, down comes the Pheasant, (couldn't hit a cow in the a$se with a stick).

Over he goes & picks it up, only to discover that it had landed on top of a Hare, which was knocked out, :no:

That's not all, underneath the Hare was 1/2 lb of Mushrooms . :good::lol:

BJ.

In the bar, my mates mate landed, well known to be a Gob****ee, :no:

Reckons he was out one day with the 12g & a Pheasant lifted, up comes the guage, down comes the Pheasant, (couldn't hit a cow in the a$se with a stick).

Over he goes & picks it up, only to discover that it had landed on top of a Hare, which was knocked out, :good:

BJ.

*****! i like that reminds me of a friend of mine , no matter what you have done hes done better if u shot a deer he has caught one bare handed and killed it with his hands some of the stuff he comes out with is halarious , once told me he applied to be a police officer but was over qaulified :) so they offered him a cid job , and yet hes still working in a fish factory hahaha

*****! i like that reminds me of a friend of mine , no matter what you have done hes done better if u shot a deer he has caught one bare handed and killed it with his hands some of the stuff he comes out with is halarious , once told me he applied to be a police officer but was over qaulified :good: so they offered him a cid job , and yet hes still working in a fish factory hahaha

ahhhh he could be under cover

i read a book"marine sniper" about Carlos Hathcock the legendary sniper who before his tour of vietnam won the us's most prestigous shooting tournament, at 1000 yards(larger calibre than those mentioned in the thread). The competition was held by the military every year but open to allcomers. Perhaps we should do something over here to silence the bull******** and braggers. oh and me and my 12ftlb .177 tx200 would definately finish top 3 in galeforce winds with failing light,one-handed standing shot. Just like the squirrel i took last week at 150 yards lol.

In the bar, my mates mate landed, well known to be a Gob****ee, :no:

Over he goes & picks it up, only to discover that it had landed on top of a Hare, which was knocked out, :good:

BJ.

Were there no truffles under the mushrooms?? :good: I love listening (and laughing at) Bull$hit Bills :)

Mark

best i heard was from my ex's uncle, he was about 90 at the time and going a bit senile. we were standing beside his fields one day when he told me he once shot a rabbit with a 12ga shotgun from where we were standing "beside that hedge up there" which was about 120 yards away; playing along i asked him how he managed that, he just said "the gun was very tightly choked" :good:

i just had to keep playing along, priceless :lol:

Definately the most grin-worthy thread on here in a long time. We have a chap at work (no longer a FAC holder..... long story) who comes out with some right old nonsense, such as the time he headshot (yes I know) a deer, causing its head to whip around, killing another deer behind it, or that you can shoot a certain goose in a skein and it will bring a couple of others down with it.

We compete to see who can get him to come out with the most outrageous lies. Muppet.

ZB

I don't know any tall tails but a funny thing happened to me the other day'

I was out shooting, rabbits & hares the other, I'd got a few Bunny's but needed a hare for a recipe for jugged hare my Mrs wanted to try..... since she packed in her job lap dancing cooking is her new pastime,

anyway after bagging a hare I was walking the 300 yards towards it.... when I got there I was confronted by an animal activist who was really upset at the passing of the poor animal...... so much so that her crying & sobbing got to me so much I reached into my (very full) game bag & pull out an aerosol can which I to sprayed the contents all over the dead critter........

To her amazement it leaped up and ran off...... Shocked she asked me what was in the spray can .... to which I replied ...........HARE RESTORER........

Funnily enough it was only then that I noticed she was stunningly beautiful and dressed only in a bikini, she lead me by the hand into a near by hay loft.........ahhh but thats another storey

kennym

I don't know any tall tails but a funny thing happened to me the other day'

I was out shooting, rabbits & hares the other, I'd got a few Bunny's but needed a hare for a recipe for jugged hare my Mrs wanted to try..... since she packed in her job lap dancing cooking is her new pastime,

anyway after bagging a hare I was walking the 300 yards towards it.... when I got there I was confronted by an animal activist who was really upset at the passing of the poor animal...... so much so that her crying & sobbing got to me so much I reached into my (very full) game bag & pull out an aerosol can which I to sprayed the contents all over the dead critter........

To her amazement it leaped up and ran off...... Shocked she asked me what was in the spray can .... to which I replied ...........HARE RESTORER........

Funnily enough it was only then that I noticed she was stunningly beautiful and dressed only in a bikini, she lead me by the hand into a near by hay loft.........ahhh but thats another storey

kennym

Lucky ****** tell us more .

Harnser .

We had a local bloke nicknamed the white hunter,

he claimed he was in his garden when a skein of geese came over, he ran inside grabbed his gun and not having time to go back outside stuck the barrel up the chimney, he claims he brought 3 down :P

I heard him tell the tale a few times it went from one goose to three as time went on :good:

Like the novice I had (shotgun) shooting one day; shot at a running Muntjac at least 200m away and said he thought it was a hare!!! :no: Needless to say I haven't seen him since.

Where do these long range rifle shots shoot; I need to know so I can stay in the safe room at home for the day? 600/800m what planet do they inhabit? If I ever find out their name/address I'd report them to their FAO. Total w******

Like the novice I had (shotgun) shooting one day; shot at a running Muntjac at least 200m away and said he thought it was a hare!!! :no: Needless to say I haven't seen him since.

Where do these long range rifle shots shoot; I need to know so I can stay in the safe room at home for the day? 600/800m what planet do they inhabit? If I ever find out their name/address I'd report them to their FAO. Total w******

youre just jealous cos you cant take down a wild boar at 900m with a 10/22 using subs like i do all the time :good::hmm:

youre just jealous cos you cant take down a wild boar at 900m with a 10/22 using subs like i do all the time :no::good:

.22 subs? Real men use spears!.

That reminds me of the funny story of when I was walking through a wood with nothing but a walkng stick and a wittling-knife..

Edited by Bleeh

.22 subs? Real men use spears!.

That reminds me of the funny story of when I was walking through a wood with nothing but a walkng stick and a wittling-knife..

whittling knife? ha! i remember one time i was blindfolded and walking through the siberian wilderness and all i had was a piece of blutack... :no:

:good:

whittling knife? ha! i remember one time i was blindfolded and walking through the siberian wilderness and all i had was a piece of blutack... :no:

:hmm:

whittling knives?? blutac??? you lot had it easy. i had to dissarm a wounded grizzly bear only using my fantastic chest muscles :good:

I was told a story about my great uncle, he arrived a pheasant shoot got out of the car and looked up to see a few ducks flying very high overhead. he very calmly leant back into the car, got out his .22 and took a 'pot shot' at the leading duck! obviously all the people there were laughing/calling him a **** etc (he had a reputation for being an idiot/showoff) but he fired and the duck fell!!!!!

AMAZING!