What's the worst beer you've experienced?

Floating Chamber

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anything purporting to be ral ale in The Homeste@d in Rotherh@m.

Change of management recently & haven't been in since but they always used to be happy to serve vinegary plss and charge for beer.

Previous management didn't get sacked for the plssy beer but for alegedly thieving from the takings, if it had been down to beer quality or personality he'd have had the push months earlier :yes:

Nick

Edited by magicniner

My ex-steel worker uncle (a fifteen pint a day man) used to say that there was no bad ale - just that some was better than others.

That was, however from a bloke who took no holidays away from home for fear that he wouldn't be able to sup his Stones's

Marstons Firestoker is just awful.

It's supposed to have "a hint of vanilla", but the sip I tried was enough to make everything else taste/smell of the stuff for a day afterwards. The rest went down the sink.

Amused to see Lee hating on Carling Black Label - proving that the stuff is pure urine wherever it is brewed.

ZB

i hate beer, anything i drink must be 17% or higher ;)

A bit like your sexual morals then? :oops::yes:

Sounds fair to me. This guy lives by the same rules that I do! I bumped into a lovely 18% at the weekend and spent the evening resisting a taste. My mrs is still giving me grief about it now! :look:

John Bull Bitter - once brewed in my home town but as foul as dishwater imho.

Markio - Old Peculier in bottles is pretty naff but can be quite splendid in draft, no?

Some chinese beers are pretty bad.

Stella Artois has to be served in the bulbous glass with the traditional logo, definitely tastes different from the newer one or any other time of glass. Needs the "proper" etched widget to taste alright.

Agree about some of the fruit beers!

I'll drink anything; there's even a place in the Mungler fridge for the likes of Fosters, Carling and Carlsberg provided they are served cold and from a pint glass (I just can't drink lager from a can any more).

These lagers I like to refer to as being from the family of "pi$$ water lagers" and are lagers you could drink all day and then happily turn up for your airline pilot / surgeon / taxi driver job safe in the knowledge that there would be more alcohol in a loaf of bread than in you.

However, I draw the line at Budweiser - whilst this is a member of the "pi$$ water lager" family, it is in a sub set of "too ******* fizzy to drink pi$$ water lager".

Edited by Mungler

Sounds fair to me. This guy lives by the same rules that I do! I bumped into a lovely 18% at the weekend and spent the evening resisting a taste. My mrs is still giving me grief about it now! :look:

you guys are too hung up on the age thing, too much room for error IMO, i generally work on the rule that their feet must touch the floor when on the loo. .....simple

mikee :oops:

We are into numbers and willy waving territory here, you can drink 5 star petrol (if you can find it) if that is what you want, but what is the point?

We were being polite in Croatia drinking their Rakija and Pear schnapps, mind blowing strength, but ultimately it tastes like cough medicine, not a particularly pleasant experience.

Back to the beers, I tried some of this a few weeks ago, to me it just tasted like alchoholic syrup :oops:

http://www.thomashardysale.org.uk/

We were being polite in Croatia drinking their Rakija and Pear schnapps, mind blowing strength, but ultimately it tastes like cough medicine, not a particularly pleasant experience.

I can only assume that "Rakija" in Croatia isnt a million miles from Turkish "Raki". Cough medicine taste? Tick... Violent hangover? Tick...

Never again.

ZB

im not a fan of stong larger, all the stella and Kronenburg. I love stuff that can be gulped. my fav being miller light. sad i know. There is one in the US called Millwaukee best, little blue and silver cans. I cant get enough of this when i go over. :hmm::yes:

beer-milwaukees-best.jpg

note: can not to scale. :D

I can only assume that "Rakija" in Croatia isnt a million miles from Turkish "Raki". Cough medicine taste? Tick... Violent hangover? Tick...

They seem to drink it at every oppertuninty, always in a clear bottel with no label on which screams 'home made hooch beware' to me.

We were treated to some shop bought stuff in June which was almost drinkable but wouldn't be a the top of my list of things to drink.

im not a fan of stong larger, all the stella and Kronenburg. I love stuff that can be gulped. my fav being miller light. sad i know. There is one in the US called Millwaukee best, little blue and silver cans. I cant get enough of this when i go over. :hmm::yes:

beer-milwaukees-best.jpg

note: can not to scale. :D

Martin you old dog!! You are a fan of ' Millwaukees Beast'? NICE!! :hmm: Perhaps you need a shirt to advertise while hoofing it through the UK. Of course you need to make sure you wash the thing till its thread bare, and two sizes too small so your stomach shows and the fabric so tight your navel looks to be the size of a small sauce pan :D This fashion is the all the red neck rage..