Marmite - Love it or hate it?

Billy.

Love or hate?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Marmite

• Love it!
    • Hate it!
    • Against all that's ever to be believed, I don't really mind it

I shall have to get me some :hmm: So what is the taste? Dare to describe brother? What is it close to in taste? Strong like a dirty *** :good:

Theres nothing really to compare it to as its a totally unique taste.It has a really really really strong flavour and quite salty.

I like it,but only when lightly spread on toast or buttered white bread.The best though is to make eggy bread,but to spread Marmite on the bread before soaking in the egg mixture-delicious! :yes:

Love it. :D

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I shall have to get me some :good:

After English pubs and real ale it is the thing that my brother, who now lives and works in Ashburn VA, misses most. He always brings over an extra suitcase to fill with marmite (still in the jars of course) every time he visits. Next time he's over I'll get him to take an extra jar back to mail to you.

Interestingly(!) enough there is a Marmite Museum located in St Louis, if you ever get down that way.

Love it. Butter toast, add marmite, then add a bit more butter on top.........and I wonder why i'm a FB :good:

Daughter loves it on bread/butter with a glass of milk too. Asda do 'their own' now but the brat and I prefer the proper stuff :good:

This should explain the cult of Marmite Lee: http://www.marmite.co.uk/

The Aussies have something similar called Vegemite. And its not too far away in taste from Bovril, which is also great on toast but not quite as intense in flavour.

I Love it. But not as much as I love Marmite Cashew Nuts. I'm on about 3 bags a day at the moment. Gorgeous.

http://www.balancefoods.co.uk/product.php?...&modal=true

Love it :hmm::good:

They make it only a few miles from were i live, you can actually smell it in the air if the winds in the right direction. I have just aquired a few pots and a large squeezy bottle from a friend who used to work there for only £2 brill :good: i can put loads of it on me toast now ???