Gerrard some how gets off

Dr W

So Steven Gerrard is caught on camera smacking a guy in the head 3 or 4 times and gets let off while the 6 other men with him get done for affray?

How is that justice?

Oh it was in Liverpool Crown Court, me thinks the jury might have been a bit biased. :)

Edited by Dr W

Complete joke. Had this been any ordinary person, or Joey Barton they would be doing time in HMP. Once again it comes down to a set of rules for them, and a different set for the rest of us. Theres no justice in this country at all.

Not often I can say I am "furious" over a news story. Today is one of those days.

The judge, in summing up, noted that Gerard's reputation was "intact".

:):yes::lol::D:hmm::hmm::hmm:

This cosseted, preening **** of an oxygen thief needs a boot up his valve. It's a shame these mongers never pick a fight with anyone who will respond to their disgraceful behaviour with a smack in the chops.

Scummer.

ZB

The rest got done because they pleaded guilty.

Gerrard got off because the man attacked changed his story about who hit him first, after watching CCTV and after allegedly trying to get some money from Gerrard, before deciding he had been assaulted. Main reason was because he is STEVEN GERRARD - captain of Liverpool.

He was very fortunate to put it mildly. :):yes:

Charles the first was royalty to, and look what happened to him.

This man denies loss of control and admits to hitting someone three times with out being attacked, rather in response to thinking he was about to be attacked.

I doubt there is a better definition of premeditation.

The CPS must appeal this.

As to the Liverpool fan thing, Hold the trial in Manchester. See how he does then.

CPS will not appeal in a month of Sundays. What would be their grounds? I think the verdict stinks - Amy Winehouse acquitted as well. Juries are influenced by personality and the Barristers, not by the facts.

My wife was doing Jury service some years ago. A "guilty" person was acquitted because the Prosecution Barrister was boring and the Defence Barrister seemed nice.

What a joke.

I saw the CCTV like everyone else, his mate elbows the bloke and Gerrard piles in and uppercuts him a few times, the poor bloke didn't make any moves at all, aggressive or not.

I have no axe to grind about Liverpool FC, Gerrard personally, or anything like that, but that verdict was just plain wrong on the evidence of my own eyes.

The Daily Mail has recently been making it,s selective rant about something being an affront to British justice. I wonder whether this incident will escape their radar just like the so called celebrities who are found innocent of speeding charges, and so forth because someone has not dotted an i , crossed a t or missed out a hyphen. They would better discribe British justice as an affront to the British people LOTW

The victim - McGee will soon find himself under pressure after Gerrard's acquittal. Sod's Law, although I still have reservations about how innocent McGee's role in this was.

That said, the actual video itself would seem to be enough, but I suspected that it would all get twisted so that Gerrard appeared to be the victim. fast forward to the verdict. Conclusion - if you want to get away with assault - even if it is videoed - get famous. :rolleyes:

Gerrard probably has been dying to knock seven shades out of the riff raff that boo him from the terraces. He has proved he is the big man kicking a ball but it is not quite the same as Mano a Mano is it? So now puff boy beats a bloke up where there is zero risk of retaliation because he has the audacity not to let him put on **** like Wah or The Scaffold or somesuch rubbish on the CD player.

I hope Gerrard now has a target on his head amongst some proper hardcases who will knock his features right in for him. What a bum.

Edited by vole21

I totally agree with what you guys are sying about Gerrard. Total miscarrage of justice. I saw the CCTV footage like everyone else and saw him go at that lad, then one of his mates holding him back in a westling style hold whilst he was still trying to kick out at that guy.

What intrigues me is that if that guy at the music box took the play listing out of his hand and told him to naff off etc etc. and Gerrard said himself that he went away - but then went back as he was wanting to know why the bloke was hostile towards him?:yes:?:yes:?:o?:lol:?

Provocation.........He went back after another couple of shot (a bit of the ole dutch) and picked a fight.

Sorry any LP fans but he is a proper scummer. I'm surprised that he managed a defence in court when he admitted pulling the blokes top over his head rendering him unable to defend himself!!!!!!! I'm my neck of the woods we'd call him a **** for not being a man and having it out face to face.

T